Tips to start Fixture for: LED MOVE WASHER 8x10W

Request a fixture definition here
hlynge

I would appreciate any tips on the structure of setting up a fixture for LED MOVE WASHER 8x10W
I cant understand how to control the grouping so i can make efffects where the lamps are lying next to each outher and I am able to make like a rainbow effect.

Manual attached for reference

Thanks for any tips.

/Henrik Lynge
Attachments
F7000271-LED-MOVE-WASHER-8x10W-RGBW-4w1-DMX (3).pdf
(812.5 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
edogawa

I'm not sure what kind of tips you hope to receive, maybe try and open an existing similar LED Bar definition in the fixture editor and look how it's done...

I don't know that specific LED Bar, but from looking at the manual it seems obvious that in 9 channel mode you can control tilt, some builtin color macros, corresponding speeds, strobe and the colours of all eight LEDs as if it were one, so for a rainbow effect with individual colours for each LED you need to be in 38 channel mode.

When writing a fixture definition I usually type in all the channel data and try to speed up by copy/pasting repeating information The capability wizard also can speed up that process massively. Then I define the modes by selecting the correct channels in that dialog.

Latest changes in fixture editor (among other improvements regarding channel/modes structure and organisation) make it possible to add physical info once and use it globally, while in previous versions you had to copy that data from one mode to the next via icons in the mode editor dialog.