GGGss

[tdlr]
You have a sequence with multiple fixtures
you want to copy that sequence multiple times and limit it's function
delete some of the fixtures inside a cloned sequence
crash
[/tdlr]

win10 4.11.2
The 3 projects I send in are all identical with only the minor changes to reproduce
1 source, 2 bugs introduced, 3 solution

There are already some things going on but I'll point out exactly where things go wrong

Open 1
go to functions - sequences
you see 'zALL - scan V Sequence OK' and a clone of it (copy)
[optional: play both and verify on 2D monitor = 6 white dots going up vertically in a matrix]
Both sequences are identical ;-)

inside 'zAll - scan V Sequence OK (Copy)' delete fixtures 3 to 6
[play again : all fixtures keep on playing although 3th till 6th should be killed <- bug]
save to BUG (this is identical to 2 in annex)

Open BUG (or 2 if you like)
:= crash

In notepad++ I did a text compare between 1 and 2
In the last added sequence [Function ID="13"] (which is hidden) FixtureVal ID="1" to "5" are deleted
(what corresponds with the deletion of fixtures 3 to 6 in sequences) Expected
BUT
in [Function ID="12"] the <Step Number xx> are still showing values for the deleted fixtures...

Solved by
editing in text editor and deleting in the <Step Number=xx> the values for fixtures :2: to :5
save to 'good version' (equals 3)
reload QLC+ with project

**--__ Tadaa __--** works

PS: took me quite some time to reproduce and document
PPS:
It will be a long night - a 'static' theatre wants some 'crazy woesh effects' because of a Flash mob at the end and I thought using the RBG matrix functions would be a nice bases
The crazy woesh will be remote controlled through artnet input pulse and may be repeated over and over again...
Attachments
Source.qxw
(33.17 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Bug introduced.qxw
(32.12 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Solution.qxw
(30.73 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

Please try with a 4.12 build cause a handful of fixes for Sequences and Shows went in.
GGGss

No more crash with 4.12.0.57

Aldough ... If I investigate the project file I still can see the previous values (from the deleted fixtures) and now I'm wondering what will happen if you add these fixtures again.
Let's try

Adding fixtures again and saving the project results in the 'garbage' (= previous values) being reset. That satisfies my hunger.

Nice work Massimo
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore