Elumen8 1RE beam

Request a fixture definition here
GeorgeRB

Can anyone add this fixture to the database or email it to me. I am a desperate user but not a programmer. Help, please.
georgeb5@gbuk.com

Ta!
Fxedel

You don't need to be a programmer to be able to create a fixture ;)

Just open the QLC+ fixture editor and add the fixture's channels which you can read from the manual. If you're experienced enough to use a fixture, you'll be able to create a new fixture without problems!

If you want to share your definition, you can upload it in this forum — or you directly create it using the Open Fixture Library Fixture Editor (no registration needed) and you can download the qxf after approval then.
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+.
Andrew

I've created a fixture definition for this.

As usual it is a challenge to work through all the inconsistencies between the manual and the web page specifications. (Although I suppose you shouldn't expect consistency from a manufacturer which hasn't read the DMX512 standard.)

In this case the web page calls it “1RE Beam” and the manual “Beam 1RE”! Power consumption 199W or 190W? Tilt 270° or 220°? Web page says it's a discharge lamp, manual says it's an LED but then describes the same kind of lamp. I'm sure there were more... Not overly important I'm sure, but it's nice to get things right.
I think it's possible to work out Lumens from the web page specs (the two below), but that's too much like maths for me right now!
- Beam angle: 3°
- 99,317 Lux @ 10m

I've included gobos where I could find them existing in QLC+.
I've set the colours as per the web page. (Is there a way to use an 'eyedropper' tool to select a colour from the screen when doing that?)
For both of the above I am guessing that the gobos and colours are the same - and in the same order - as the web page shows them. That could of course be wrong.

Hopefully someone who actually has one of these fixtures can test it and see if the colours and gobos actually match reality!

http://prolight.co.uk/product/1re-beam
http://www.prolight.co.uk/ftp-in/ELUM015_Manual.pdf
Attachments
Elumen8-1RE-Beam.qxf
(7.91 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Andrew

Modified fixture attached.

I only made one change; the Function channel should be "Maintenance", not "Effect".
Attachments
Elumen8-1RE-Beam.qxf
(7.91 KiB) Downloaded 54 times