QLC+ in commercial Project?

Baer

Hello to the developers, especially Massimo ;)

I'm currently thinking of some kind of commercial project where qlc+ (with some extension) would be a perfect fit for the software core.

Since the license says I have to ask for persmission, and also I don't just wan't to take the project an profit from your effort, I'm wondering what the terms for such a usage would be?

Regards
mcallegari

Hello Matthias
The Apache 2.0 license is pretty much open in terms of usability, even in commercial products.
However, these are the mandatory actions you need to take:
- you mentioned some "extensions". If those are modifications to the QLC+ code, then you need to share them: GitHub is the place
- somewhere in your product (manual ? website ?) you need to declare that you are using an open source software and possibly refer to the QLC+ website and/or to my name

Gentlemen actions: :)
- you probably already know that QLC+ doesn't replace my salary as employee (even if I would like it to !)
If the revenues of your product becomes quite large over time, it would be a courtesy to recognize something to this project (monthly ? once per year ? up to you) for all the effort put into QLC+ and for the fact that it made your product successful
- I'm curious to know where QLC+ is used, so please share with me some information about this product. Just drop an email to support@qlcplus.org

Please let me know if you agree with the above.
Baer

Hi Massimo

thanks for your answer, and sorry for my late response.

The terms sound very fair to me, i will send you some information as soon as we have fished the concept phase.

Regards
Matthias