QLC+ 5.0.0 Alpha2 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

QLC+ 5.0.0 Alpha 2 is now available for download.

This version aims to resolve the initial deployment issues on all platforms.
It also progresses toward feature parity with QLC+ 4. Please check once again the development status public spreadsheet to see what's going on.
This version bundles Qt 5.10.1 on all platforms, so the required macOS version has become 10.11. Details here.

Thanks to those who reported valuable feedbacks on Alpha 1.

Changelog:
  • engine: registered Video attributes for VC Slider Adjust control
  • UI: fixed Combo boxes highlight item
  • UI: it is now possible to import Fixtures/Functions from an existing project
  • Input/Output Manager: it is now possible to add/remove universes
  • Input/Output Manager: implemented global audio input/output selection
  • DMX View: added options to show/hide channel addresses (absolute/relative)
  • 2D View: reworked selection logic to be more efficient
  • Fixture Manager: select preview item when clicking on a Fixture/Group/Universe
  • Function Manager: added Function usage feature with shortcuts to Functions and VC widgets
  • Chaser Editor: it is now possible to edit a Chaser step by double clicking on its name
  • Chaser Editor: added Chaser step notes editing
  • Virtual Console: preliminary implementation of Cue List widget
  • Virtual Console: drag a Chaser + CTRL key pressed creates a VC Cue List widget
  • Virtual Console: implemented widget position/geometry snapping
  • Virtual Console: started to add feedbacks to external controllers
  • Windows: fix Show Manager time cursor not moving
  • Windows: fix Audio/Video editor file loading
  • Package: fixed 3D view crashes on Linux + Intel + Mesa driver by bundling Qt 5.10.1
  • Package: add missing multimedia components which prevented to play videos
andres robles

hello massimo, I'm already downloading alpha2, as soon as I can I'll try it on different Linux and windows OS .. I had the chance to try alpha1 on a win-10 pc-tablet .. briefly .. in 3D it's easy to lose the scenario, maybe reverse the order of the clicks, s to move the scenario ... right click to the left ..., help not to lose the stage in the 3D view ... Wishing to download and try ...
GGGss

Nice Progress Massimo (;

Do you want us to intensively check the functions new in alpha 2 (vs status-spreadsheet)?
Or do we still report 'all' issues discovered?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

GGGss wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:58 am Do you want us to intensively check the functions new in alpha 2 (vs status-spreadsheet)?
Or do we still report 'all' issues discovered?
Basically I'm still interested in what I listed in Alpha 1 (read: usability)
But yes, the spreadsheet is the reference. I marked as 'done' some more things, even though they might not be as done as they should for production.
This to invite users to test and report if something doesn't work, so I can consolidate those 'done' features and move on on implementing the missing/partial ones.

There are still several 'work in progress' areas and I don't think it makes much sense to comment on those at this stage. Anyway in this phase I welcome usability ideas before it's too late to rework the code :)

The plan is to provide many alphas, and enter beta stage when feature parity with v4 is reached. Then beta will be bugfixing until it's ready for final. (I don't plan to do any RC)

P.S. Nobody said nothing about undo/redo or network stuff. Those are giant features of v5 and they were supposed to be update video #3.3. Maybe I should really record it to highlight they're there to stay.
GGGss

mcallegari wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 am P.S. Nobody said nothing about undo/redo or network stuff. Those are giant features of v5 and they were supposed to be update video #3.3. Maybe I should really record it to highlight they're there to stay.
Network stuff: I'm your man ... I was already bedazzled looking at the sheet to see a network feature "master - slave" ... wondering what may come (and dreaming of multiple machines doing all kind of video stuff)
I will try and build a test environment with at least 2 QLC+5's networked.
(I was waiting for the feedback-patches to be ready - now they are (; Can't wait for tonight to have a go with it)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
nochair

Liking the new release! Still testing it but so far:

- Right clicking a fixture should in my opinion bring up the details menu ( the three bars ) that would make the workflow simpler.

- Drag and drop fixture to and from groups

- with a key like alt or ctrl it should be possible to rotate and move a fixture. ( like the sphere like 3 direction arrow movement in most 3d programs )

- clicking a fixture after another should not automatically add that to your selection. Use shift or long press ( for touch screens ) for normal behavior everybody is already used too.

-ability to select fixtures by mouse with a selection box in 3d mode.

Thnx for all the hard work
Jeroen
mcallegari

nochair wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am - Right clicking a fixture should in my opinion bring up the details menu ( the three bars ) that would make the workflow simpler.
QLC+ 5 will not use any right click action, otherwise touchscreen devices will not access it. The only right click is to detach contexts, which means you're on a desktop environment and possibly with multiple monitors.
nochair wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am - Drag and drop fixture to and from groups
Please elaborate.
nochair wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am - with a key like alt or ctrl it should be possible to rotate and move a fixture. ( like the sphere like 3 direction arrow movement in most 3d programs )
Again, keyboard modifiers will exclude touchscreen devices. The current right panel solution is generic, and considered you will not move/rotate fixture every 2 seconds, I don't think it's a big deal for now.
nochair wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am - clicking a fixture after another should not automatically add that to your selection. Use shift or long press ( for touch screens ) for normal behavior everybody is already used too.
There's a discussion here: http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11975
nochair wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am -ability to select fixtures by mouse with a selection box in 3d mode.
You're welcome to submit a patch for this :)
RayArt

Hi Massimo,

I cannot get Alpha 2 to load. When I click on qlcplus-qml I am getting a white screen and then the "program has stopped running" message. I have Windows 10 64bit. The program is saved in it's own folder on my C: drive. Am I doing something wrong?
GGGss

* check if there are no traces of MSYS2 installations - if so uninstall MSYS2 and the like
* You may not install it in the same location of previous QLC+ versions
* Install & Run it as administrator

This is how I got it to work
RayArt

Thanks GGGss for your reply. I have tried running as administrator but that didn't work. I'm afraid I'm not very tech savvy, how do I uninstall the MSYS2? Many thanks
GGGss

RayArt wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:36 pm I'm not very tech savvy, how do I uninstall the MSYS2? Many thanks
NP
If you say you are not very techy - why did you install MSYS2 in the first place (If it's installed -> did you verify?)
There are lengthy procedures to be found on internet though it is not that easy to 'loose' MSYS2.

But we are getting very Off Topic now ... when in troubles please start a new thread and keep this thread clear for Alpha 2 issues
RayArt

As far as i can tell, I do not have and have never had MYSY installed on my computer. I have tried installing Alpha2 onto a different drive but still it will not run.
TEL0000

I have the same Problem as RayArt. When i run run qlcplus-qml.exe i get a white window and a windows error message.

I also never installed MSYS2 and didn't find any traces of it.
First i installed it at a different location. Since it didn't work, i tried uninstaling and deleting everything related to QLC+ and tried to install Alpha2 again, but it still doesn't work.
I also tried installing and running as administrator.

I'm on Windows 10 32bit.
mcallegari

Please refer to this thread: http://www.qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11970
Give the latest test version a try.
hutje

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the effort you are putting in QLC+!

I was wondering, if there will be a possibility to quickly select the right fixtures and make a scene of this selected setting.

Now I use Daslight 4 to make easy scenes to start them from a midi controller.
Also I can make a matrix and select all the fixtures and display various colors but I miss the way QLC+ works so I can change nearly every setting to my own needs.

Here are a few examples inside Daslight 4.
https://imgur.com/a/A9LwYaV
GGGss

Your question has nothing to do with Alpha 2 release, so...
@admin - move to usage?
hutje wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:57 pm ... and make a scene of this selected setting.
See DMX dump http://qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/dmxdump.html
hutje wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:57 pm ... but I miss the way QLC+ works so I can change nearly every setting to my own needs.
??? If you want yes you can change everything.