Lee filters for QLC+ 5

Bjoern

Dear Massimo, dear all,

thank you so much for the QLC+ project and the ongoing improvements!

I installed QLC+ 5.0.0 Alpha 1 this week, and I am amazed! Of course there is still "some" work to do - but it seems to me that QLC+ 5 is on a very good way! Wow!
I was amazed by the included color palette. And since Massimo already implemented the possibility to include own color palettes, I created one, containing all 244 Lee filters.
I used the html color codes of the lee filters website, so all the filters are just using RGB. There might be better ways on fixtures using W, A, UV channels to obtain a more realistic look. But then I think you would need to try out a lot(!) to find out how to get the best result for each color...

So this is what I did, and here is the file. Feel free to download and use it (copy it to the .qlcplus/colorfilters folder).

Have fun!

Björn
Attachments
Lee Filters.qxcf
(15.38 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
mcallegari

Hi Björn, thanks a lot for the file.

Please be aware though that more than a year ago I already contacted Lee, Pantone and others and they all replied in the same way: copyrighted material.
Otherwise I would have included those filters myself since Alpha 1. In other words: I cannot bundle those files for legal reasons, but users can share them here and other users can download them.

Personal opinion: theirs, is a ridiculous statement since, as you noticed, you can get the RGB values of their filters from their websites !

Anyway, glad you came up with this, so other users will know the reason behind my constrain.

Oh, by the way, color filters already support WAUV. In XML, they are a "WAUV" attribute, with the HTML color value (same as RGB)

[EDIT] I've added the qxcf extension to this forum and I took the liberty to edit your post
Bjoern

Hi Massimo,

thanks for your answer and info!

I saw the WAUV attribute and would be happy to use it. But since the colors displayed on the website only use RGB, I just used these values. Trying to find out which values need to be assigned to the WAUV channels would take hours of trial and error, would depend on the fixture used, would be subject to personal taste - and would make the filters file useless for simple RGB fixtures. That's why I decided to leave it as it is. And still each user can tweak with the WAUV channels as he/she likes. :-)

Björn