Video On Linux

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
Delnabla

I recently installed QLC+ 4.11.1 on a new Linux/Mint OS on a 64bit Laptop. Up and running in no time but I can't find the "New Video" icon in the Functions Task Bar! I can play videos in OO Impress but just can't figure out how to one in QLC+ - Ideas welcome
GGGss

-edited-

in QLC+5... SRY
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Delnabla

Thank you for your reply. Hmm! We may be on different wavelengths here. I don't see a large + button in "Show" But as I write I'm looking at QLC+'s Function screen on my Windows 10 machine and as you can see in the attached clip there is (as expected) a video icon. At the same time the same screen (Function) on my Linux/Mint laptop looks the same except that particular (Video) icon is missing. I hope this helps.
Attachments
VideoIcon.jpg
GGGss

sry ... I was referring to QLC+5 on WIN_10

therefore I -edited- my original post
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sbenejam

Delnabla wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:57 pm I recently installed QLC+ 4.11.1 on a new Linux/Mint OS on a 64bit Laptop. Up and running in no time but I can't find the "New Video" icon in the Functions Task Bar! I can play videos in OO Impress but just can't figure out how to one in QLC+ - Ideas welcome
Have you installed QLC+ 4.11.1 Qt5 version?. QLC+ 4.XX.XX Qt4 versions don't have video feature.
mcallegari

Moved to Linux usage questions.

What Santiago said: use a OBS Qt5 build to have videos on Linux
sbenejam

Delnabla

Oh Boy I am out of my pay grade. On Windows I merely downloaded and installed. Everything worked fine. The d'loaded the "Linux 64bit DEB" onto my Linux machine and apart from the video problem it works fine. But on reading the replies here I revisited the download site and saw the Qt5 stuff at the bottom. Have tried several different versions all of which say they can't load some files or "pipe" broken. Whatever. Now here's the thing I thought I would uninstall QLC+ and start fresh but I can't find QLC+ in the Software Manager list! Things getting tougher as I go which always seems to happen to me with Linux. It's neat and fast but has a big learning curve in situations like this. Not sure really what to do now.
Delnabla

Replying to myself here to say thanks to those pointing out the Qt5 version. I did mange (eventually) to install it and YES the video icon came up. Can't see the video yet so have to troll board for codec/video file type etc. Oh, and how to put display on extension monitor. Still that's it for today.