Questions regarding LED Strips

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
adkaros

So I'm creating a light show using LED strips, the RGB Matrix has served me well for this and I can just apply a behaviour in the functions tab to any rgb matrix.

1) Let's say I defined an LED strip at 100x1 (100 width, 1 height) representing my strip. But let's say during the show I find out the strip is a bit too long and I want to cut off 10 LEDs. It appears that QLC+ will still send to the same amount of LEDs, meaning part of my animation will be in limbo for a second or two. Is there an easy way to redefine this in the fixtures group to be 90 width, 1 height - instead of 100-1, without having to re assign fixtures to functions that I have already defined?

When I right click one of my rgb matrices and click "Properties", it brings me to edit fixture but it wants me to pick out what brand of fixture I have without any options relating to the initial RGB matrix properties when you create (width/height).

2) For one part of the show, I want to run the "stripes" animation/function on part of the LED strip, so I am trying to find a way to group the second half of the strip (starting from middle and going to the end), channel groups seems to be an option but the rgb matrix function won't see that as a fixture so I can't apply it to a channel group?

I tried to make another rgb matrix in the fixtures tab, but you can't have the same strip with a different start address on the same universe. Any ideas?

Hopefully this was descriptive enough, if more information is needed to answer these questions, please ask and thank you.
siegmund

I just can give you a hint on 2)
adkaros wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 pm hannel groups seems to be an option but the rgb matrix function won't see that as a fixture so I can't apply it to a channel group?
Use fixture groups instead for this purpose!
adkaros

siegmund wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:43 pm I just can give you a hint on 2)
adkaros wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 pm hannel groups seems to be an option but the rgb matrix function won't see that as a fixture so I can't apply it to a channel group?
Use fixture groups instead for this purpose!
That's what I would like to do but for my particular situation I'm not sure if it's an option?

So I have a LED strip of say 100 as universe 1, so I have the whole thing as a fixture group and I can animate the whole strip that way. But now I have a situation where I want to animate that same exact strip on universe 1 but I only want to animate LEDs 50-100. But I don't think fixture groups will work because it says I can't make another one on the same universe.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for the help
adkaros

Nevermind, figured it out! I didn't see that you could just make another fixture group and remove LEDs while selected on the group.

Thanks again, I wonder if I could use this solution for my first question as well.
siegmund

adkaros wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:05 pm But I don't think fixture groups will work because it says I can't make another one on the same universe.
I just tried and for me, it seems to work. Can you share your workspace file?