QLC+ TEST versions

Massimo Callegari

Hello everyone,
I decided to create this sticky topic to gather all the TEST versions in one place, instead of creating one thread every time.

Please note that TEST versions are development versions, so they are not meant to be used in a production environment !
From time to time they fix specific issues raised in the QLC+ forums, so they can help users when a problem is found.
Let's consider them as an anticipation to the next stable release, but until then do not consider these builds as final, as developers might decide to change things at the very last minute.

The changes that have been done from the last stable version are listed in the GitHub changelog

:arrow_forward: TEST VERSIONS AVAILABLE HERE :arrow_backward:

Linux: Qt5 GIT packages. Thanks to the help of Veljko Stankov, now we have automated builds of QLC+, targeting Arch, Fedora, OpenSUSE and Ubuntu.

If you are going to comment on these versions, the first thing you must say is exactly which version you tested. Thanks.

Enjoy !
Rob McDonald

Just wanted to say to Massimo and all those who give up their time to make QLC plus happen, THANKS! Such a lot of work to produce a fantastic programme, I use it for theatre and love it! Thank you all so much, really appreciate your hard work and professionalism :)
rgarza

Hello everyone,

Just for the record, I have Sierra 10.12.1 and an ultraDMX Micro USB. I tried all the test versions on this post and although the ultraDMX was recognized no communication was taking place. I had to run the following command to get it to work

sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI

It seems this command needs to be executed every time the MAC restarts. Is anyone aware of a more permanent solution?

Regards,
Ramiro G.
Mysteryland

rgarza wrote: It seems this command needs to be executed every time the MAC restarts. Is anyone aware of a more permanent solution?
Maybe the Enttec FTDI Driver Cleaner works for you: http://www.enttec.com/dmx_usb/FTClean.zip
esotericaqua

Hi,

I saw the note on the homepage recommending we occasionally test the test version of qlc+. Is there a link or place where I can regularly find out what the changes and updates are so I can perhaps test certain features or aspects of the software? Knowing this is a test version is great, but it'd be also great to know what changed/to look for in the test version.

Thanks,
Drew
janosvitok

Drew,

one source is changelog: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... /changelog
It is manually updated, so it may not contain all the changes.

Second source is commit list: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/commits/master
It contains all changes to source code, although the description may not be descriptive enough :(
You also need to find out what was the last change that went to a particular test build.
Either you will see commit id (sha sum) as a part of the name (or in appveyor history)
or you'd need to check the date of build.
msikorsk

Mysteryland wrote:
rgarza wrote: It seems this command needs to be executed every time the MAC restarts. Is anyone aware of a more permanent solution?
Maybe the Enttec FTDI Driver Cleaner works for you: http://www.enttec.com/dmx_usb/FTClean.zip
Did this work for you?

Marcin
chaturvedi98765

THANKS
gmint

Crashes for me on launch under OS X 10.12.2 :( FWIW, I believe that 4.10.5(all versions) exhibited the same behavior. 4.10.4 works.

crashlog.txt
(61.84 KiB) Downloaded 7015 times
janosvitok

gmint wrote:Crashes for me on launch under OS X 10.12.2 :( FWIW, I believe that 4.10.5(all versions) exhibited the same behavior. 4.10.4 works.
The crash is during initialization of OLA plugin. I suppose ola plugin version does not match the actual ola version. Either remove ola plugin or upgrade ola. Or something. :)
gmint

janosvitok wrote:
gmint wrote:Crashes for me on launch under OS X 10.12.2 :( FWIW, I believe that 4.10.5(all versions) exhibited the same behavior. 4.10.4 works.
The crash is during initialization of OLA plugin. I suppose ola plugin version does not match the actual ola version. Either remove ola plugin or upgrade ola. Or something. :)
Well what do you know, that was it ;) I don't even recall installing OLA, but I must have. Luckily even if I'm not smart enough to figure out what's causing the crash, at least I can figure out where OLA was installed from the crash log... Thanks @Janosvitok
janosvitok

Great! :)
MayanBlue

Thank you for the latest test version for theatre using.

The problem, i've reported here, is solved.

Great work!
Mihai Andrei

If you can integrate the function
"Virtual Console / Slider: improved level monitoring with The Possibility to act like a Simple Desk slider (see documentation)"
  Also in the XY pad for moving heads and perfect!
if you use it without the virtual console screen holds up ... do not crash .. obvious to use it you have to have an external controller .. as I tried it ..
caxpern

Thanks a lot Massimo!
Only thing i noticed is that the slider monitor isn't showing the actual fade out time, only the fade in from the next que! I got really confused before realizing!

Again, thanks for all the work you put into this!
omar86

Is there any possibility to see a full 16bit control in test version? There are a lot of fixture with fine DIMMER, fine zoom, fine RGB and fine pan and tilt.. it would be a great addon..
Thank you for your work
debbio

+1
16 bit support would be great!!!
didou64

Hi Massimo,
I don't know if this has already escalated.
I just compiled latest git version and I found a little bug when modifying color in a scene.

When max value (255) is set for blue channel (0xFF) for instance, when you want to modify color by clicking on relevant icon, values are not correct: 254 instead of 255, 0xFE instead of 0xFF. See screenshot attached.

Works fine when initial value is not equal to 255...

Hope this helps.
Attachments
QLC_4.10.6GIT_Issue with color.png
Didou
QLC+ Version: 4.12.0
janosvitok

ColorPicker problem seems like a QT Bug e.g. https://forum.qt.io/topic/49790/qcolord ... d-qt-red/6
Mihai Andrei

used for several hours at my own risk .. I had no crash! Institute to perfection for 10 consecutive hours ... with normal modifcation the program during the event.
My configuration:
SW: QLC + _4.10.6-TEST-20170326.dmg
And signaling over E1:31 to OLA on Raspberry Pi 3 with USB interface Enttec Pro