Fixture Channel Button Group

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
ClubPetey

First let me say thank you for a great program.

As I've begun to use it, I thought of a great feature to add. As a mobile DJ I use the Virtual Console almost exclusively. I can map out what controls I want where, and during performance, I use a 23" TouchScreen to control the show. What I would love to see on the VC is a Button group that is tied to a fixture channel. So if I have a moving head with 8 Gobos, I can create a Solo Button group that has the 8 buttons in it, one for each Gobo value. This would be similar to the Gobo Picker that you see in the Simple Desk. This could work for Color wheels as well.

For general channels like a program channel that sets different Auto Programs, the Button Group would create a button for each defined DMX ranges, using the name of the range and mid-point value of the range as defined in the fixture definition. Not unlike how the selector works for Effect group of channels in the Simple Desk.

I know I can do this currently by creating a scene for each setting, and adding a scene list to the button group, but some of my fixtures have 32 distinct settings, and that's a LOT of scenes to create.

Thanks.
-pete
mcallegari

Uhm...not sure I fully understood the request, but it seems two things might help you:

- a Slider in level mode with Click & Go enabled (http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/vcslider.html)
- The Function wizard, which helps to create batch of buttons (and others) for fixture channels capabilities (sorry, this is poorly documented :( )
ClubPetey

Yep, I just checked out the Function Wizard and it does do what I'm asking... but to do so it creates a scene with each separate capability setting, which creates A LOT of scenes. What I'm looking for is a that same solo button grid the function wizards creates, but without having the create a scene for every setting.

OR a way to place what normally pops up with click-and-go right on the virtual console, without having to click the square.

OR, probably the easiest, a way to show the click-and-go button, but hide the slider.
ClubPetey

Ok, playing more with the function wizard, I have this suggestion.

Allow the function wizard to create Button Groups/Chases for Effect Channels. Right now it seems that you can only use the function wizard with Gobo and Color Wheel Channels. I'm not sure why Effect Channels are not included.

-pete