Issue with creating a show...lights only activate on fade out.

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
conradcliff

Hey again, I'm jumping back into figuring this thing out and started creating a show on windows.

I have this simple FTDI interface: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CP ... ge_o06_s00
&
This simple 4 channel LED controller: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013BQ ... ge_o05_s00

I had it doing a simple fade in and fade out (albeit the timing seemed off) but now the lights will only flash on for a second when the sequence reaches the fade out portion.
If there is a 2 second fade in, a 2 second hold and a 4 second fade out the lights will be completely dark for 4 seconds until it reaches the fade out at which point they will go to full power and then slowly fade.

I don't think it's a problem with the hardware as I can watch the fixture monitor and it doesn't do a thing during the entire fade in and hold portion.

I've uninstalled and deleted all registry entries and reinstalled with no luck.

Is there something simple I'm missing here?

I've attached a screen shot of it playing just before the fade out and you can see by the monitor that the fixture is at 0 output.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Just a little extra info, just for fun I decided to change the sequence so that it has 0 fade in and 0 hold and the lights will not come on but if I add any amount or hold they will come on once they reach the fade out. What was extra weird was that no matter how many times I hit stop it will just continue going through the fade out sequence until it's done.
Attachments
QLC+.jpg
conradcliff

Anybody?
OddSocks

Hi,

Some times sharing the show file helps.

Try clicking on the track box at the left of the show window, so that all the chaser details and timings are not shown. Then use the play button on the top line.
conradcliff

Thank you for the reply :)
I'll try that tonight along with uploading the show file .
conradcliff

Sorry it's been so long, really busy with a lot of stuff lately.
Wow! you were totally right, as soon as I closed the timing portion it started working! That sure is an annoying bug.
conradcliff

Haha, then I decided to add another track and it's back to it's same old behavior. I guess it's just really buggy. Is it normally fairly stable for most users? I'm going to run the show on my RASPPI and see how it works