OSC commands from a Show

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
serenss

Is there a way to automate the sending of OSC commands (to a Behringer X32 Rack) from the Show Manager? I currently have several sliders in the Virtual Console which all work very nicely, but I really need them to be triggered automatically. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious....
sbenejam

QLC+ send OSC messages in the format /u/dmx/ch where u is the universe number and ch is channel number. You need an intermediate program to translate QLC+ OSC output to a messages that X32 can understand. I adapted a python script that transform /u/dmx/ch to /strip/Playback/Gain/Gain%20(dB) to control a slider in non-mixer.
mcallegari

...or read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8983

Most likely you need to create a custom OSC input profile
serenss

Yes, I've read that thread several times and it was extremely helpful. I've set up a profile for the functions I need, but I still can't see how it helps me automate from a show track. I assumed I'd set up a fixture on the OSC universe and match the channel numbers to those in the input profile, add a sequence in the show manager, but that doesn't seem to send any data at all, although a corresponding widget in the virtual console works perfectly.
plugz

Hello,

Please share a workspace and explain with precision and details what you want to do with it.
serenss

I'm trying to send OSC messages to a Behringer X32 from a sequence in a Show. I have customised an input profile based on the Behringer X18 Air profile. The X32 is mapped for input and feedback, and sending to port 10023.

A slider on the Virtual Console with the External Input set to Channel 12 of the input profile works without problem, with the X32 responding as expected, but my issue is in trying to automate this. There is a fixture set up on the OSC universe sending to channel 12. Adding a sequence of this sends no data.

I've uploaded a basic workspace with the above.

Thanks.
Attachments
X32Test.qxw
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
plugz

Feedback sends Virtual Console Widgets status back to the Input.

To send values from a fixture to a universe, Output has to be set.