[HEADS UP] Help needed to test incoming version 4.10.0 - Round 2

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
mcallegari

Hey guys. First of all thanks a lot to everyone who participated to the first round of tests for the 4.10.0 version. It has been very helpful.

This version is massive and the more tests and feebacks we can get, the more quality the release will have.
I'm sorry if we couldn't investigate on everything that has been reported, but the feedbacks has been so many, the time so little and it was difficult to follow every single topic.
If this second round doesn't show major issues, the attempt is to release on the 18th or the 25th of October. At this point no new major features will go in. Only bugfixes.

Again, please test everything you can. Please report the results of your tests, even if everything is working for you.
Just state which platform/distro you're on and what you have tested.
This is the changelog that we have so far. A deeper description of the new features will be written once we release the final packages.

Linux: Thanks to the help of Veljko Stankov, now we have automated builds of QLC+. We're targeting Arch, Fedora, OpenSUSE and Ubuntu.
Please help to check if those packages work on your distribution.
Here the direct links to download Qt4 GIT packages and Qt5 GIT packages

Windows: QLC+_4.10.0-TEST-20151013.exe

OSX: QLC+_4.10.0-TEST-20151012.dmg
This is a very important release on OSX. Please read the first round post to understand why.

And, hey guys, I've implemented custom feedbacks for the AKAI APC controllers ! Check out the MIDI plugin docs. Hope you'll enjoy it.
Also the APC Mini should work out of the box now.
The XY Pad and Speed Dial now have new features. Read the updated documentation and check them out !

Thanks in advance for all the feedbacks you can provide.
debbio

Ok I think I've found a bug:
Create a cue list of 10 light scene for example, then start the cue and try crossfade from One memory to another (i.e from memory 3 to 7) then press next cue and the cue list jumps again to memory 3 without considering the crossfade and the 7 position

@Massimo: I've linked my file so you can see the behaviour above
Attachments
Fuorigioco.qxw
(19.1 KiB) Downloaded 2519 times
mcallegari

debbio wrote:Ok I think I've found a bug:
Create a cue list of 10 light scene for example, then start the cue and try crossfade from One memory to another (i.e from memory 3 to 7) then press next cue and the cue list jumps again to memory 3 without considering the crossfade and the 7 position
Cue List crossfade doesn't work like that. It works on contiguous steps.
An by the way this is not specific to this version, so you should have open a new thread.
Ovis

New file> VC > add new speed dial.
When double click on speed dial (to edit) QLC exits.
OS X el captain

By the way, now i can't test Enttec Pro mk2 with connected dmx fixtures. But looks like it works with Captain. Pro mk2 indicators go green teling me that it recives DMX signal from QLC+ :)
MBP 13 i5 8 GB OS X El Capitan
ENTTEC PRO Mk2
AKAI APCmini

mcallegari

Ovis wrote:New file> VC > add new speed dial.
OS X el captain
Uhm...this is weird and requires more details.
Does it happen on an empty workspace ?
What IO is selected when the crash occurs ? Does it happens with no IO at all ?
lorenzoandreani

mcallegari wrote:
OS X el captain
I have tested on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

For me not crash, but before the opening of the editing form opens another form for an instant.

I can't see that form because it is immediately hidden from the editing form.

This could be part of the problem?
sbenejam

OS X el captain

By the way, now i can't test Enttec Pro mk2 with connected dmx fixtures. But looks like it works with Captain. Pro mk2 indicators go green teling me that it recives DMX signal from QLC+ :)
Ovis,
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling qlcplus?. Something similar happenned to me with qlcplus on Ubunutu 15.04 opening widget properties. After remove and install qlcplus works properly again.
christianhor

Hello Massimo,
I did some tests with OSC on the last 3 versions, with Windows 7 Pro and this is what happens :

- with QLC 4.8.3: everything works

- With QLC 4.9.1:
After giving a name to the template, and indicated the type of communication (OSC) capturing the faders with the magic wand can be done only if you close QLC+ et open QLC+.
After the configuration of the virtual consol, the faders (of the virtual consol) can control the android, but android can't control the faders of the virtual console. It is necessary to save the file, then to close QLC+ , then to open QLC+ and load the file. Then it works.

- with QLC+_4.10.0-TEST-20151010 : Even problems as with 4.9.1 and even with the same method it dysfonctionne all the same later.

Best regards.
Christian
mcallegari

christianhor wrote:with QLC+_4.10.0-TEST-20151010 : Even problems as with 4.9.1 and even with the same method it dysfonctionne all the same later.
I believe this is due to a buggy version of the Qt libraries. Apparently the UDP sockets don't behave properly.
This is the relevant thread where it has been discovered: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8834
At the moment the Windows version bundles Qt 5.4.2 and the OSX bundles Qt 5.5.1 (but still a buggy version)
Next week Qt 5.5.1 with the bug fixed should be released, so the final QLC+ packages should work properly.
Please have patience.
Tasaei

still same bug (last 2 posts):
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135&start=30

and still this bug (the 5th post from below)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8962&start=60
mcallegari

Please, try to improve your reports because most of the times they are incomplete and difficult to understand.
Also, before calling something "a bug" try to understand how things work first.
Tasaei wrote:still same bug (last 2 posts):
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135&start=30
You shared a project where all your PAR Scenes have the dimmer channel set to 0.
It took me some time to figure that out, and honestly I don't understand why you did that. It seems just wrong to me.
Basically activating one color scene doesn't actually produce any color in the 2D monitor.
Said that
1- Mask RGB Matrix: please understand how layers work. If you start a Scene (layer 1) and apply a Mask matrix on top of it (layer 2), it works because it is the correct stacking order.
When you stop the Scene, the Masked matrix becomes layer 1, and it has nothing to mask. Thus adding a Scene on top of it (layer 2) doesn't produce any masking effect.

2- Matrix without a color. I haven't even investigated this.
Tasaei wrote:and still this bug (the 5th post from below)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8962&start=60
The crash is specific to OSX and it's caused by the Qt font selection dialog. I cannot do anything about it.
In any case the font selection is one thing (and it is not supposed to be used for selecting any color) while the foreground color selection is another thing.
Just avoid to mix them up. Or use Linux, so you cannot do mistakes ;)
giacomo

Hello,
I've tried both Qt4 and Qt5 GIT packages / Arch Linux but without any real fixtures connected, so just watching the dmx monitor:
the Blackout button doesn't work, instead it has a weird behavior and when pressed it blocks any change made after by sliders or cue list, then when released the output updates to the new situation. The Stop ALL functions works correctly.

I really like the new single channel reset button in the simple desk, would it be possible to have a reset time option - something similar to Stop ALL functions in VC?

Thanks to all and have a good week
Giacomo
mcallegari

giacomo wrote:I've tried both Qt4 and Qt5 GIT packages / Arch Linux but without any real fixtures connected, so just watching the dmx monitor:
the Blackout button doesn't work, instead it has a weird behavior and when pressed it blocks any change made after by sliders or cue list, then when released the output updates to the new situation. The Stop ALL functions works correctly.
Hi Giacomo. I reproduced and fixed the issue. Thanks for reporting.
Luckily it was only a monitor issue, so the blackout was actually happening on the real fixtures.
I have re-triggered the build of GIT packages on OBS, so in an hour or so you should find updated Arch packages.
giacomo wrote:I really like the new single channel reset button in the simple desk, would it be possible to have a reset time option - something similar to Stop ALL functions in VC?
There are no plans for such feature, but I'll keep it in mind.
My goal is to abandon the Simple Desk, instead users keep on asking for new things :)
lorenzoandreani

Look the attachment file "Dimmer.qxe".

- Move to 255 slider "Dim On Function": OK the eight dimmer slider goes to 255
- Bring again to 0 the slider "Dim On Function"
- Move to 255 slider "Dim Level": NOT Work it is forced to 0
- Move one of dimmer level (from 1 to 8 slider): NOT Work it is forced to 0

There is a conflict problem in the slider's Level settings Tab on the option "verify the selected channels......"
There is also a small error in positioning of the label "verify the selected channels......" that is positioned too close to label "Click & Go".

QLC+_4.10.0-TEST-20151010.dmg on MacBook Pro 17 OSX 10.11 El Capitan

....in a later version, can add the ability to select channels as well as "By Group of Channel" also "By Group of Fixture" ?
Attachments
img.png
Dimmer.qxw
(11.62 KiB) Downloaded 2212 times
Last edited by lorenzoandreani on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mcallegari

There are too many sliders controlling the same channels and monitoring the same level.
So one slider tries to pull the level up and another slider tries to pull the level down.
I'm not sure if this can be even fixed.

The same configuration dialog looks like this on Linux:
slCfg.png
And yet another OSX specific issue ! Yay.
lorenzoandreani

mcallegari wrote:There are too many sliders controlling the same channels and monitoring the same level.
So one slider tries to pull the level up and another slider tries to pull the level down.
I'm not sure if this can be even fixed.
Yes I know. I set it to see if it works.

They should be set of priorities or
could try setting a time of inactivity ..... during the movement of the sliders no control and after x milliseconds check the level ...... but this may complicate things.
Ovis

lorenzoandreani wrote:
mcallegari wrote:
OS X el captain
I have tested on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

For me not crash, but before the opening of the editing form opens another form for an instant.

I can't see that form because it is immediately hidden from the editing form.

This could be part of the problem?
Crash happens always, it's not mater or it's new empty wokspace or it's old workspace.
Same is about interfaces, tryed with mk pro 2 connected and OSC and without any IO. It's the same - crash.
I made a screenshot what's shown before crash.

Can copy paste report information from report which is generated for apple if it helps.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 07.27.03.png
MBP 13 i5 8 GB OS X El Capitan
ENTTEC PRO Mk2
AKAI APCmini

plugz

Ovis wrote:
Crash happens always, it's not mater or it's new empty wokspace or it's old workspace.
Same is about interfaces, tryed with mk pro 2 connected and OSC and without any IO. It's the same - crash.
I made a screenshot what's shown before crash.

Can copy paste report information from report which is generated for apple if it helps.
If you create a Cue List, and open its properties, does QLC+ crash too ?
mcallegari

plugz wrote:If you create a Cue List, and open its properties, does QLC+ crash too ?
I guess you're thinking about when the InputSelectionWidget is created.
I'm on OSX right now. It doesn't crash for me either, but what I see is the InputSelectionWidget as a separate window for a fraction of second and then it gets re-parented to the VCSpeedDialProperties window.
After switching "new InputSelectionWidget(m_doc)" to "new InputSelectionWidget(m_doc, this)" the situation improves and I see no more flashes of stray windows.
Committing on GIT...
sbenejam

Ovis,
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling qlcplus?. Something similar happenned to me with qlcplus on Ubunutu 15.04 opening widget properties. After remove and install qlcplus works properly again.
Last edited by sbenejam on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.