[HEADS UP] beta testers needed for incoming 4.9.0 version

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
mcallegari

Hey everyone !
First of all this is not QLC+ 5...before you ask.
It's a new minor version of the QLC+ 4 family, with a plethora of fixes and changes.

We need everyone with a bit of time and wiling to contribute to this project to do some early testing before this version is declared as final.
Being a .0 version, there are areas that got mostly rewritten. In particular you are invited to test all the plugins you can.
OSC, ArtNet, E1.31 have changed a lot (see the documentation)
DMX USB got improved on Windows and HID acquired the joystick support on OSX.

If you encounter issues, please make sure they weren't there in previous versions. In case, open a new thread in this forum.
If you find issues specific of this version, you are invited and welcome to report them.
Please always indicate which operating system and which hardware (DMX adapter, audio card, etc..) you are using
Eventually attach a workspace that allow us to reproduce the issue you found.

This is the changelog so far. We still need to review the fixtures submitted in the last few months:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcall ... /changelog

And here the TEST versions. Both are bundled with Qt 5.4.2, so the latest version.

Please note that TEST versions are development versions, so they are not meant to be used in a production environment !
Windows: QLC+_4.9.0-TEST-20150615.exe

OSX: QLC+_4.9.0-TEST-20150615.dmg

Linux: come on guys ! I know you can build QLC+ yourself ;)

Thanks everybody !
mcallegari

So, more than 70 visits to this post and no feedbacks at all :(

Do we really have a bugfree 4.9.0 version ? I doubt that.

In case you can also test it and report "I tested this, this and this and everything works well".
It would help as well.
Mysteryland

mcallegari wrote:So, more than 70 visits to this post and no feedbacks at all :(
Do we really have a bugfree 4.9.0 version ? I doubt that.
Sorry Massimo,

at summertime i prefer to spend my time outside my party room and prefer to enjoy the sun (if it's available here in germany).
But i'm very happy to watch the progress of QLC+ and im looking forward to spend a lot of time with the next version in spring ;)

It's a good point to see in the release notes that you now have a connection to the german DMXControl Projects e.V. with their Nodle U1!

Regards
Heiko
OddSocks

Will try and have a look at this over the next week if that is any help :)
mcallegari

OddSocks wrote:Will try and have a look at this over the next week if that is any help :)
Thanks Tim. Much appreciated
sbenejam

I just compile qlcplus from GIT. I test it this weekend.
iamchrislaurie

OK Compiled on Linux using qt5.4.1. All compiled OK (after a make distclean).

Did some basic editing of a workspace and ran our show of last year and out generic set-up. Also ran with custom HID and midi controllers.

All basic stuff, I do not have anything complicated at the moment.

But all the stuff I touched worked as expected.
mcallegari

iamchrislaurie wrote:But all the stuff I touched worked as expected.
Thanks Chris
mgweber

Gearing up for a show so sticking with stable version for the moment. I did download and install 4.9.0 in a test area on Windows. So far only thing I noticed is that the install package is missing the libgcc dll. Copied it from a previous version.
gmint

Ran 4.9.0 on both my mobile system and in my club (OS X 10.10.4 on the mobile system, OS X 10.10.3 in the club) this weekend and didn't come across any issues. The club system is pretty locked in, so I didn't expect to see much there, but I did do a fair amount of work on the mobile system (Live Editing of layouts and functions) and everything worked as expected! So far, so good on my end.
jadaudiodesign

i just try install....and prog say impossible start prog cause libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll missing
mcallegari

jadaudiodesign wrote:i just try install....and prog say impossible start prog cause libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll missing
Hi, thanks for the feedback.
To my knowledge that DLL shouldn't be needed anymore.
Have you uninstalled any previous version of QLC+ first ?
Maybe overwriting an existing installation doesn't work
sbenejam

On Ubuntu 15.04 compiled with qt5.4.1, NanoKontrol2 and Enttec DMX USB Pro. I tested some old workspaces and all work as expected. The Nanokontrol2 and Enttec DMX USB Pro also works (without fixtures connected). The audio playing works well. Video playing without gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg installed shows a black screen, audio from video is played and to stop playback should close the program. Installing gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg video playback works as expected.

Good job!!
mcallegari

sbenejam wrote:On Ubuntu 15.04 compiled with qt5.4.1, NanoKontrol2 and Enttec DMX USB Pro. I tested some old workspaces and all work as expected. The Nanokontrol2 and Enttec DMX USB Pro also works (without fixtures connected). The audio playing works well. Video playing without gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg installed shows a black screen, audio from video is played and to stop playback should close the program. Installing gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg video playback works as expected.
Good job!!
Thanks Santiago !
perlinpinpin

Hi! on Win 7 Qlc doesn't start : libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing... You have to copy/paste the dll from another folder to qlc folder, then it starts. Let's give a try to this new release!
Flo

perlinpinpin wrote:Hi! on Win 7 Qlc doesn't start : libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing... You have to copy/paste the dll from another folder to qlc folder, then it starts. Let's give a try to this new release!
Same here with 4.9.0 final and Windows 8.1.

BTW: The message board here seems to have a bug: If you quote something the new entry gets the same date and time as the quoted entry.
mcallegari

As usual, one day after the release...

QLC+ works in my Windows 7 system without that DLL. I removed all my development folders, so my system doesn't have that libgcc_s DLL anywhere.

Have you tried to uninstall previous versions of QLC+ as suggested in the announcement ?
Flo

mcallegari wrote:Have you tried to uninstall previous versions of QLC+ as suggested in the announcement ?
Just did it again this moment: I uninstalled and deleted every file of QLC+ on the hard drive I could find and reinstalled 4.9.0. And it still wants to have that DLL.
mcallegari

Flo wrote:
mcallegari wrote:Have you tried to uninstall previous versions of QLC+ as suggested in the announcement ?
Just did it again this moment: I uninstalled and deleted every file of QLC+ on the hard drive I could find and reinstalled 4.9.0. And it still wants to have that DLL.
How weird, I couldn't really explain that.
Anyway, since it seems a new package is needed, I will include that DLL as well.
mcallegari

Windows package re-upped with the missing DLL. It also contains a last minute Stageprofi fix.