Midi crash w/ Ableton Live

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
NiKoyes

I use QLC+ with an electronic music project and we are very proud and happy ! :)
The use is ableton live sends MIDI CC to QLC+ where a cuelist listen the MIDI info sent by ableton live

But, we experience the following MIDI problems :
If ableton is launched before qlc+, when launching qlc+, ableton lose the midi, but if we launch qlc+ before ableton live, the midi stays ok.

i don't know in which of the 2 softwares there is a bug, but i wanted to share this to you !

PS : the click&go display during scene creation is very nice, it should be like that for every channel, even dimmers etc...

Yo !
Massimo Callegari

I suppose you're talking about Windows, right ? It's important for MIDI issues to know the OS, cause the code is very different.
I could check if there is any option when opening the MIDI driver that prevent other softwares to re-use it.

Click & Go should give that additional gear to QLC+ if used properly :)
I have in mind to add something for CMY fixtures and PAN/TILT channels.
Only in mind though...didn't reached my hands yet :)
NiKoyes

no sorry it is on Mac OS X (don't know the version) Ableton is on version 8.3 (i think)
i have to be sure, i'll check

for click and go i was talking only bout the display in scenes creations, the "button style" is way more efficient and user friendly than the list of dmx values (in channels that don't have click & go)
NiKoyes

OS X is 10.6 and Live is 8.2