Strange Slider Movement

tolmino

Hi, i have some sliders that coltrol RGB on leds.
the same leds are controlled with some buttons that recalls pre-definited colours....

the problem are the sliders that moves up and down .
i'm using last git version.

i attach a example file
Attachments
TOUR_2014_ULTIMA_VERSIONE.qxw
(6.28 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
tolmino

with 4.7.3 i haven't that problem
Massimo Callegari

Moved to the development thread.
The GIT version is a work in progress. Please do not use it in a production environment !
Massimo Callegari

What you call "problem" is in fact a precious feature for others.
If you can be patient, I will condition it with a flag in the VCSlider config dialog.

I have the whole picture of the project, so bare with me and don't feel obligated to fix something that doesn't actually need to be fixed.
Just give me some time, thank you
david garyga

OK, I was just being curious :-)
Massimo Callegari

No problem :)
You have no idea how much curiosity GIT makes to me...it's like dark magic with a mix of pagan legends lol
Chris Laurie

I have tested this quite a bit now. Form GIT on Lubuntu 14.04 32 bit. I have scenes that set the tilt & pan positions of a moving head. I also have sliders for the pan & tilt single channel level mode. When I open my test workspace the sliders go bezerk, switching at high speed between 2 values. When I move the channel in the simple desk the sliders stop going bezerk and takes the value.

If I run the cue list that has the scenes in them while the simple desk is overriding, the transition runs perfectly and the progress bar shows nicely. However when the the scene stops running (now waiting for infinite duration) the channel values jump back to the simple desk.

If I reset the simple desk now then the sliders start going bezerk again. It seems that there are more than one trigger to update the slider value and they are both firing in the main timing loop.
Attachments
testrel.qxw
(8.38 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Massimo Callegari

OK, this feature is now an option on GIT.
I'm starting to think that this is going to bring only instability.
The same happened with Simple Desk...it took like 5 releases to behave like I wanted and now it's still a dangerous thing to touch for some users.

Not an easy feature at all...
Chris Laurie

I'm sure this is hectic stuff, but I have no doubt it will be worth it.

I'm getting an error compiling git:
undefined reference to 'QLCInputsource::inputValueChanged(unsigned int,unsigned int, unsigned char, QString const&)'
undefined reference to 'vtable for QLCInputSource. '
Massimo Callegari

I've pushed a huge change today.
Do a 'make distclean' first, or clone the repository again.
Chris Laurie

Sorry Massimo, I know this and just forget this step today. I will do again and report back.