QLC 4.7.0 segmantation Fault

tolmino

Hi, i have a segmentation fault obtained when after the creation of a RGB Panel in fixture menu, i have removed it.
After that i cannot restart qlc interface : i'm starting it from a console, and i can see no error in console relauncing it, but QT4 don't create the qlc window.
For have qlc in a working state i must kill graphic interface (with init3 and init 5) !
Massimo Callegari

Hi, please give more details.
Panel size and configuration, the QLC+ output you're using, if you're on a PC or else, if you're using the 2D monitor, etc
tolmino

Hi.
i'm on a linux machine (opensuse with kernel 2.6.37.6-0.5).
i have added some universes to have 10 .
i have added 3 RGB led devices with 4 dmx channels each on universe 1
i have added 4 moving head V200 Pro-lights on universe 1
i have created a matrix 20x40 pixel on universe 2. and i have removed it.
when i remove qlc crashes!
i don't have used 2D monitor, because that crash happens in fixture panel without use machines.
Massimo Callegari

Just tried on Linux. I can add and remove a 20x40 matrix without a crash.
Like I asked before, which QLC+ output have you set ?
tolmino

i have a not working USBDMX-xswitch of peperoni lights on universe1
and all other universes have ARTNET.

but the same thing happens if i have a Rodin1 and other universes not setted.
i have in universe1 a novation mini-launchpad as input interface.
Cingulingu

Tolmino: If I understand you, you use an very old version of opensuse e.g. 11.x I’m sorry but, I have to tell you, that you must upgrade your distro. The 11.x versions were known to be buggy. Theoretically if your machine has at least 3.0GHz P4, 1GB and preferably a real vga (not integrated) . You can try the latest 13.1. I found out that the new version is actually faster.
tolmino

yes is a 11.4 Opensuse that i have here in studio for testing... the machine that i'll use in production will be updated at last version.
i was think that if qt4 and kernel was updated all was gone right.
tolmino

Please can you help me to find initialization error that i have on USBDMX-xswitch of peperoni lights?
There is something of wrong in driver. heikki junnila some time ago sayd me that he will try. And i Know he has done something: in fact led wasn't lighting and startcode wasn't loaded to controller.

Today, installing your qlcplus version under linux i can see that leds are binking as in working state, a DMX signal is generated (i can see that DMX devices are finding a dmx signal) but is generated with all zero. I can't send dmx values to devices connected!

thanks in advance.
(and Happy Easter !!)
Massimo Callegari

Tolmino, how is this post related to the seg fault topic in the title ?

Anyway, as I don't have the device, it is difficult for me to support you, unless you have some development skills so you can report debug messages and so on.

Please open a new topic if you want to continue on this discussion.
Cingulingu

Tolmino: First make the upgrade. There is to much things that was changed in opensuse distribution from the 11.x on. Specially the in usb handling. Then make shore, that the user is in lock,modem,dailout and uccp groups (yast->user and groups-> Edit user (reboot)). Then install the qlcplus from GIT for opensuse. You can found it in this post: [Opensuse OneClick installs](https://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discu ... /e6ecfd69/ "Opensuse OneClick installs")
About the pepperoni:
I think is, because the 4.7.0 version didn’t bring the entire universe up (all ready corrected in the git version). Then test the peperoni. If you steal encounter some problems then do the debug from qlcplus where you will see what is going on (in terminal type: qlcplus -d 0),and please post it under the development thread as massimo told you to do.
For clear it out: I don’t have a peperoni eater.
tolmino

Hi, i have upgrade to 13.1, and i have installed qlcplus with git (i don't like click and go interfaces...).
now i can add and remove matrix without any error

but pereroni USBDMX-xswitch don't send commands too.
i'm giving you a debug of my session.

i have noticed that in plugins/peperoni/unix/peperonidevice.cpp around line 200 thereis a reference that explain that usbdmx can have RX & TX.
i don't need RX, but in qlcplus input/output panel there is no reference to that !

can i help you to debug better or can i test some variation in peperonidevice.cpp ?
Massimo Callegari

Tolmino, I asked you nicely to use another thread to talk about the Xswitch problem, cause it has nothing to do with the segmentation fault you had.

Since you opened a thread for it on the 8th of April, the discussion will continue there.