[20140315] OSX TEST version - Qt5 based

Massimo Callegari

Let's try again.
Here's the first shot of the QLC+ Qt5 porting, built on OSX.
Anyone, please test if this even opens correctly.
If it does, please tell me also if it works on Mavericks.
Please, for now, just ignore the toolbars ugliness.

The two main advantages (for now) are:
- support for multiple audio at the same time
- support for video playback

Download here: http://www.qlcplus.org/4.7.0/QLC+_4.7.0 ... 140315.dmg

Please test it and report everything you find as non-working compared to 4.7.0 RC1.
Thanks
Simon Schäffner

Hello Massimo,
I've just downloaded this test version from the link and started it up directly in the .dmg and it opens up :) My Macbook is on Mac OS X 10.9.2. As I'm at home I haven't tried out any inputs or outputs yet.
Besides the two advantages you have already mentioned in your post there is the other advantage that the fullscreen mode now uses the "real" fullscreen which shows up as an extra space and was introduced in 10.8 (if I remember rightly).
I don't know if that bug was already existent in any previous versions, but the DMX Channel Monitor seems to work neither in DMX nor in 2D mode.I don't know if the information helps that "dump to function" does work.

Thank you for developing this great software.
c00dex306
Massimo Callegari

Hi Codex, thanks for the report.
The monitor "issue" has been discussed here: http://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discus ... /e99b5a23/

It seems I need to find an easy solution for that
Massimo Callegari

Ok, I just commited a patch to use the monitor even if a universe is not patched on an output.

To anyone reading this, can you please do the following tests on this OSX build and report the results ?

- play an audio file until the end. Associate it to a VC button and see if everything works ok
- play multiple audio files at the same time
- play some videos and report the formats compatibility

Thanks
Simon Schäffner

Hi Massimo,
patching the output really makes the monitor work which is great. Then I tried out audio:

function -> new audio -> choose "/intro.mp3" -> VC -> new button -> choose function intro.mp3 -> OK -> switch to live mode -> click the button -> nothing happens... even after waiting for like a minute. I tried out the following other formats (exported via Audacity): aiff, flac, ogg, wav.

similar with video: function -> new video -> choose "hypnose.mp4" -> VC -> new button -> choose function hypnose.mp4 -> OK -> live mode -> click the button -> a grey window opens, but doesn't display anything and you can't hear anything.
The audio tab at Input/Output shows "standard device" for input and output which should be ok for my setup (no additional audio devices connected).
Massimo Callegari

Ok, thanks. It definitely means there is still something missing in the DMG bundle.
With Qt5, they fragmented even more the libraries, so finding the right distribution set is now an additional pain.
I'll publish a new version shortly and see what happens
Sqeegie

I've downloaded this build as well. I cannot get any output with my DMXKing UltraDMX RDM Pro. But at least it loads and I have been able to create scenes easily. Just don't know what to do about the output at the moment.
Sqeegie

Ok, got the output working. It seems to be fairly stable. I have not checked the show functions yet, but I will be doing that next. I am running on OSX Mavericks 10.9.2
Joep Admiraal

I tested this build on OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).
As stated by Simon, mp3 and mpg files in a show are not working.
I also noticed audio input in the audio trigger widget does not show any movement.
This probably is due to the fact that audio input I am usually using is not available.
Only the default input is available.
The two screenshots show the difference between QLC+ 4.6 and the new version.
Attachments
Schermafbeelding%202014-03-23%20om%2020.37.48.png
Schermafbeelding%202014-03-23%20om%2020.37.48.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Schermafbeelding%202014-03-23%20om%2020.34.36.png
Schermafbeelding%202014-03-23%20om%2020.34.36.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 1135 times