Compile qlcplus on raspberry pi

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
falken

Hi!
The last days i spent a lot of time trying to crosscompile qlcplus to do some test with different SPI timings.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9873

Unfortunately it did not work. So i compiled it on the pi itself (the base is the official image). That worked but when i try to execute "/usr/bin/qlcplus" i get "qlcplus: cannot connect to X server".
I know it should work without the X server. So there must be a special option for executing or compiling without it. But i dont know it. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance!
siegmund

Use the --nogui option (see http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/commandlineparameters.html)
or have a look at this:
viewtopic.php?t=9280
falken

Thanks! But unfortunately it does not help in my case. I still get "qlcplus: cannot connect to X server"
siegmund

In this case I'm out, sorry... Maybe someone else has an idea?
jkrah

I seem to be having the same issue in that the --nogui switch is being ignored (on raspi pi) ..
I can export DISPLAY to another xserver and it works fine ..
... but I'm wondering if there was a build option I missed so it detected that it was being built on a PI ..
janosvitok

QLC+ in Massimo's RPI image uses special QT version that runs directly on framebuffer/opengl (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/embedded-linux.html#eglfs). If you compile against stock QT, you must provide X server.
Xvnc or xrdp might be enough. Search forum to learn how to run qlcplus headless.
technosf

Install xvfb and run the web ui with this command:

Code: Select all

xvfb-run qlcplus -w -p
linuxmarc

Can anyone describe in more detail how to configure qt5 to compile QLC+ with the --nogui option ?