audio device not working in "service qlcplus" mode

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
VinceBarns

Hello Forum,

I use the latest QLC+ Image for Raspberry (qlcplus_raspbian_jessie_20171028). I get everything running, but i have an issue with my audio input device:
In the Audio Input/Output section all connected sound cards (e.g. USB microphone or USB audio interface) is shown but i can't see any audio level in the configuration area. Also the Audio Trigger in the Virtual Console shows no signal.
I tested around in terminal mode and started QLC+ with the command "qlcplus". Then Audio Trigger is working. When i do the reboot or the "service qlcplus start" command it is still not working.
Does anybody know this issue and can give me some support?

Thanks, Vince
VinceBarns

No Ideas?
Does anyone use the audio trigger (sound to light) function on the raspberry without problems?
mcallegari

Might be a boot timing issue.
Probably your USB device driver is slow to load and when QLC+ starts, the audio device is not listed yet.

Dirty workaround: you might try to tweak the qlcplus /etc/init.d script and add a sleep command before starting QLC+
VinceBarns

I tested the workaround. No changes.
But i forgot to mention: the audio device is listed in qlcplus.

is there a command in the start batch that might stop audio driver from working? Can i exclude some commands to test it?
VinceBarns

Problem solved. It was a fault in the alsa driver. After a fresh alsa install all was working like accepted.