Empty Project Files on Pi

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
efrisch

Hi all,

I am a longtime QLC+ user who is just starting with Raspberry Pi. I've installed the stock image and it is working very well with our simple setup (about 30 channels of LED pars and house lights). My issue is this: I have several .qxw files saved in the qlcplus folder on the pi and they often become corrupted upon a reboot. The files are still there, but show as 0b and can't be opened. Has anyone encountered this? Is there a way around it? I've always been able to restore via the web interface so far, but there will be times when I won't be there to help when the system is in use.

Thanks!
Midnightblues

Same thing happeed this past sat for me after hours of programming, I would like to know how to backup the files on the pi.

Mike
mcallegari

Well, files shouldn't get corrupted without a reason.
First off, I suggest to power down the Pi with a proper shutdown command that you can find in the web interface.
Cutting the power down can result in many different unwanted things.

Secondly I suggest to use a good SD card. Not an old one. Not a cheap one.

I'm afraid there's no solution to this, unless you try to remount your user data folder in read only.
I've never tried it and if you do, you are welcome to share your experience here for other users to know.
Input

Can confirm this issue.
We are running QLC+ on a Pi with touch display and connected to an LC2412. Starting QLC+ in kiosk on boot without any possibility to change or save something. Works quiet well because our people were not very exemplary in technics handling and all the time the settings of the LC2412 were gone ^^. Pi-Setup till now survived nearly everything from pulling powerplug, removing sd without shutdown,freezes and even beer attacks...

I realized that empty projects sometimes occure if you edit and save on the pi. Especially when the project is a little bit bigger.

Never had this issue on my laptop or pc until yesterday in some way. Maybe it's also a new issue.
Finalized my project, saved, closed QLC+ and reopened it again. Result: some fixtures did not work anymore. Changed DMX address since it also did not work with an empty project, checked fixture settings and so on. Nothing. Tested our setup with the pi... Fixture was working. Loaded a backup on pc ... and and everything was working again. But some squences where messed up. Had no time yet to do an diff after savinging since it was 2:00 AM :/ If I find the time i will try to also reproduce it on my laptop with Windows and Ubuntu. Don't know exactly if this is because of some messed up xml or it has something to do with duplicating sequences and rearrange them since this was the only larger change between messed up project and "working" backup.

@Midnightblues: best solution I think is to write a file watcher shell script and copy the project file somewhere with timecode after the script realises a change. Google gives some clues on "to execute a command whenever the file changes"