Lixada USB-DMX512

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
iamwally

Hi all! New to QLC+ and trying to get my raspberry pi 3 to work with my Lixada USB-DMX512. I think it may be some kind of driver issue as QLC+ works with it no problem under windows 10. It is weird because when I run a dmesg command it show as a uDmx device but QLC+ does not seem to be able to see it or use it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

iamwally
iamwally

Update— I got it working!!! Yay!!! Not sure what I did or what made it visible to the system but it is listed there now on input and outputs screen. I am now good to go! Now I just have to learn how to use the program!

Thanks,

Iamwally
lotusvball

how did you connect it to your dmx controller. I can get it to show on my raspberry pi.
vector

Anybody have an update on these devices?
I grabbed one and it initially looked good, qlcplus recognised it, and I could "talk" to an ave flatpar.

But the more I play around with it the more I notice it seems to malfunction.. the lights just stops responding.

Anyone know any checks I can perform to see where its falling off the rails?

for eg
I just opened qlcplus checked the inputs outputs (uDMX) ticked, added 1 fixture
in simpledesk I slid RGB channels up a bit then slid dimmer up and the flatpar responded. I slid the dimmer up and down about 5 times and on the 5th the light just stopped responding :(
GGGss

I'm quite sure you have timing issues ... lower the output freq. to about 30Hz
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
vector

thx GGG ill look into that.. the IO page uDMX info does indicate its running at 30hz and is green. Ill do some more playing over the weekend.
vector

HI GGGss
I tried a few things, set the freq 20 and then tried channels to 128(its reporting the changes as it should) but not making any difference to the control aspect.
I double checked leads,light etc by replugging the enttec back in, all was working.
Strange enough after I did that I tried the lixada once more and so far its behaving.
Tomorrow im heading over to the church and I will test it on the larger collection of lights there(Which was kind of where I hoped it would end up so my personal enttec can come home with me again).. ill keep you posted
vector

update,
Ran the lixada for 3 hours solid on the church lighting system both rehearsal and the actual service. fx, lights movers etc all worked without a glitch on two different systems, one a laptop so totally different hardware. All seems to be working well with this cheap alternative interface.
Thanks all
lilsheesh

iamwally wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:17 pm Update— I got it working!!! Yay!!! Not sure what I did or what made it visible to the system but it is listed there now on input and outputs screen. I am now good to go! Now I just have to learn how to use the program!

Thanks,

Iamwally
how did you get it working? what drivers did u install? someone had suggested getting drivers from here;
http://www.illutzmination.de/udmxdriver.html?&L=1

but the usb device does not show up on QLC :( any help is greatly appreciated
moustic999

I made uDMX working too on Windows 10

The driver to use is : libUSB-win32 v1.2.6.0

The main issue is that driver are not-signed. In order to install them there is a complex method.

however, I found a tool named "Zadig" https://zadig.akeo.ie/ it helps installing usb driver unsigned.

Launch it, in Option, list all devices. then select the uDmx in the list, and select the libUsb-Win32 driver.

once done, launch QLC+, udmx should be recoginzed and directly usable.

I tried also LibusbK, but it does not seem to work with QLC.