Rasp Pi 3 Install and Performance

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
cas

Rasp Pi 3 Install and Performance

Post by cas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Hello,

Just looking an the opportunity of the Rasp Pi, as cheaper for the project, if I setup the entire show file on another computer will this work to make slight edits to cues or if I use standard colours for lighting and positions will this work,

only got 6 LED, 4 generic freshnels (dmx dimmer) and 1 or 2 pinspots. not a big setup.

How can I build the system on a rasp pi, also will the rasp pi work with Enttec OpenUSB and a Midi Controller (AKAI Mini).......mostly will all run from a built in monitor, but how how I go about connecting it to a tablet web browser etc, as I like this as can setup at back and take the tablet with me. if needing to do certain tasks.

cas

Re: Rasp Pi 3 Install and Performance

Post by cas » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:15 pm

Not sure if anyone has seen this post, looking for some information primarily on need this to run shows and create a few lighting scenes but. will this be fine for that for editing straight still lights. but primarily all recorded scenes will be saved as submasters and same colours used repeatedly.

So wondering if RPI 3 will be enough for this with a powered USB hub and 10.1" screen with apc akai mini.

Thanks