Original Raspberry enough for QLC+?

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
cas

Hello,

Just a quick question I have an original RaspPi 512Mb I think will this be suitable to run as a QLC+ Operate mode method only and then use a separate laptop to edit and the scenes etc, mostly it will be the same colours and layouts of the midi controller etc.

The group budget is small so looking at using what they have first, then possibly going to upgrade and purchase a newer lattepanda or odroid XU4.
Just wanted to know if the original Pi would work for the time being to run lighting cues either as cue mode (Next etc) or manually using faders).

Thanks

PS still looking at building a custom lighting console with small powerful computer eventually to run everything of it, create, edit and operate. How would a 10" screen work with QLC+, is it suitable for double screens.
Baer

Hellp

first of all: Question is a bad Thread title, because nobody can aussume whats to topic.

I can't tell you about the RaspPi 1 because never tried it, but i think this somehow depends on your lightsetup.

As far as I know QLC+ does not really support double screens so far, there are some windows like the monitor which you can move around freely but the main window is desinged for 1 screen
This is probably a feature of QLC+5

I also can tell you that OdroidXU4 is sadly not ideal
Not only that you have to build qlc+ and qt on your own, in the newest OS version they removed the sequencer stuff out of the kernel, meaning that if you wan't to use midi, you have to build your own kernel or stick with an old OS version.
janosvitok

I've edited the subject. jano
markzvo

It is HIGHLY recommended that you use a Pi 2 or 3. Spend the $35 USD on a new Pi 3. It's worth it to avoid the performance problems.

I have read in these forums that audio will not work, or work very poorly on a Pi 1.

It is also stated in the documentation to NOT edit shows on ANY Pi. The Pi is best used solely for playback, not editing. The true beauty of the Pi is using the GPIO Pins (or "Lines" as it's called in the QLC+ Raspberry Pi version) to attach pushbuttons to it.