Noob questions, please?

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
technogeezer

What is the "Chapter 10" you mention in the other thread about QT? Can I simply type the given command?
janosvitok

Chapter 10 is included in PDF manual you got with the download link.
technogeezer

Please, what did I pay for? This was supposed to be a drop-in.

I can flash cards and operate the Pi but I can't figure out what QLC+ expects from me. I paid to avoid having to figure all this stuff out myself.

When I try to update qt, I can't see the command line because of the overscan.

I can't adjust the overscan because I can't see enough of the file to edit it.

I can't get to the Pi over my LAN because it refuses connection.

C'mon guys.

Rant Off
technogeezer

I flashed my other new, identical card and operation is exactly the same as I first described.

I tried raspi-config and fixing overscan there doesn't work.
mcallegari

Instead of ranting, why don't you read what we write ?

You can write 1000 different cards, but if the file you downloaded is corrupted, then you'll get always the same result.

Again, check the 7z file downloaded with the MD5 provided. The following commands should give you the same result:

Code: Select all

cat qlcplus_raspbian_jessie_20170624.7z.md5
md5sum qlcplus_raspbian_jessie_20170624.7z
If they don't, download again the image 7z file.
technogeezer

What year is this? The last time I had a corrupted download was in the 1990s!

I downloaded the file three times. If the file isn't clean after three tries, will it ever be?

I am away from my Pi for a few days. If the MD5 shows corruption, what happens then?
mcallegari

Listen, I'm trying to help.
If you're only goal here is to entertain us with your poor sarcasm, then I'm definitely wasting my time.

Just for the sake of it, I downloaded the image and checked the MD5. As I expected, it is correct, so you're definitely doing something wrong, maybe in flashing the image on the SD card.
As I said, I booted the image on my RPi 2 and it's all OK, so, on my end, there's no issue.

If you wish to be refunded, just let me know.
technogeezer

OK, slow down, take a deep breath, and go back and read how I began this thread.

Not everyone is a Linux/Pi expert, as you seem to expect your customers to be.

Here's a list of completely avoidable issues you did not cover in your documentation.

The flashed card can be inserted into a windows box for directly editing the config.txt file, for fixing the overscan issues.

Your QT fix references a post where the Pi models listed specifically EXCLUDE the Pi version I gave you.

Chapter 10 specifically states, "to users that are comfortable" - which I am not, being mostly a windows nerd. You never stated that this step was MANDATORY. In addition, only a small subset of those instructions were actually required, something you also failed to mention.

I can not read your mind. You could have prevented this whole conversation if you had simply updated your user manual with the steps above. (BTW, the list of subtopics at the beginning of the manual is out of order.)

As of now, everything works perfectly. I suspect your Pi 2 is a different version.

The money is well spent. Thanks for your time. I spent a lot of mine also.

P.S. Chases are nice but I think sequences would work better for me since I can put all of my channels on the screen at once. But sequences don't seem to work as I'd expect, I can't figure out how to make sequences work the way I want, and they are not well covered in the manual, AFAICT.