20170624 Image broken? Or did I miss anything...

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
fry42

Hi!

I just installed the dedicated RPi Image on my ZeroW, set up my WiFi via cmd and: nothing.
It seems to boot fine, i can connect via SSH but there is no qlc deamon running, port 9999 isn't open.

When I try to start the deamon manually (sudo service qlcplus start) it seems to start, but the process listed in the pidfile does not exist.
Just running /usr/bin/qlcplus always returns "Illegal Operation", doing the same with sudo I don't get any response.

Btw. on the boot screen I get:
[ OK ] Started LSB: OLA daemon.
[ OK ] Started LSB: Q Light Controller Plus.

I also tried reinstalling on a different sd card. Same as before...

any ideas how to debug this further?

Thx!
Stephan
mcallegari

Do you actually see QLC+ on the TV ?

PS. I don't have a ZeroW so I can't test it myself.
fry42

Hi,

I didn't have a TV (RCA/composite) connected, but the HDMI Output just shows the terminal login promt.
Next I put the same SD Card in my RPi3 and it boots right into the GUI ad behaves exactly as planned.

So either my board is broken in some weird way or there is a problem with QLC+ on the Zero W.

Please test your distro on a Zero W or remove the line "Supports every Raspberry Pi model" from the description page.
I'm quite dissapointed because I went for the donation-distro in order to save myself from hours of installing and testing, which is exactly what happened.

Thx,
Stephan
mcallegari

I have refunded you.
The line you mentioned was written before Zero W even existed. I will change that indeed.

Zero W has been advertised as a Zero with WiFi, so since the image was working on a Zero, I've seen no reason not to work on the W.

I am going to purchase a Zero W just for the sake of it, but if you thought you could do production lighting with a $10 board, then you were on the wrong path anyway.

[EDIT] I just tried the latest image on a Raspberry Pi 1 and QLC+ doesn't show up. So there's definitely an issue with the Qt libraries.

[EDIT2] I fixed it. Just follow instructions in chapter 10 to update the Qt libraries and run this command:

Code: Select all

sudo ./qt5-upgrade.sh 20170711