Small HDMI touch screen settings and calibration

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
homba

Hi all,

I have two questions with my raspi 3 and a new touch screen.

It displays the full screen when booting in text mode, however qlcplus only fills around 80% of the screen width; leaving a black bar on the right side of the screen. Since it isn't using X11, I'm not sure where to look. Can someone point me in the right direction for some documentation?

Somewhat related: the resistive touch screen isn't working. It needs to be calibrated, etc. However, the calibration tool specifically is for an x-server. Any direction here?

For both of these, I've tried googling around, but I'm having very little luck. Any help, direction, or pointers would be must welcome. Thanks!
mcallegari

See chapter 8 of the provided PDF guide: Overscan

While it is usually needed on TVs, on a touchscreen you most likely need to disable it.
homba

Got the HDMI working, but sadly the touch screen doesn't. Looks like it's malfunctioning. Thanks for the direction
SherwoodBC

I am having a similar problem so did not want to start a new thread.

If I boot my Pi3 using my regular download of Jesse, the touchscreen works.

However if I load with my Pi QLC+ image, the display works fine but the touch screen does not work at all. I can switch back and forth between version of the O/S by switching SD cards, so I am certain it is not the hardware.

Thanks