MIDI control not working after loading a project

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
lemon

Hi everybody,

I use QLC+ on a RPi 3 model with latest Debian distribution and latest QLC+ version (error was present at previous one also). There are also 4 MIDI controllers I use for live shows, a Korg NanoKontrol, a Korg NanoKontrol2, a Koreg NanoKey and a Novation Launchpad. They are attached to a USB hub and not directly to the RPi to avoid problems with current.
I have programmed a few shows I use often, and in every show I use the same 4 MIDI controllers, but there's one show where the Novation Launchpad doesn't work anymore when I load the show. Other shows I load after the Launchpad doesn't work either.
In the Linux console the Launchpad is present all the time, there's nothing strange I could find in the system, there must be something wrong with this show. How can I find it out?

Thank you very much!!!
GGGss

I'd start looking if the different devices are properly adressed (midi-channels)
then I'd check if the troublesome launchpad does send anything (midi-sniffer) [mode?]
and only then QLC+ comes into play ...

If you are not sure anything is sent over the wires you cannot blame QLC+ not working.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
lemon

Hi GGGs,

thank you for your answer.
You have to know I'm using QLC+ for about 2 years now, so I have a little bit of experience with this program. As sysadmin I also know linux systems very well.
The 4 devices work on 3 different MIDI channels, and the Launchpad "shares" channel 1 with another device, but QLC+ handles them as different ones anyway, so there should be no problem. I tried monitoring the Launchpad with midisnoop, and the device is sending correct notes... until I load a project after the initial one. After that the Launchpad does not send anymore anything.
Same thing on my 2 QLC+ installations (one is Massimo's QLC+ image, the other one is a normal Debian with QLC+).
I discovered that on the autostart-project every MIDI device workes properly, also this one I use so often. So at the moment I use as workaround to set the project I need as autostart project.
But it's enough to load the autostart project again and the Launchpad stops working.
For me this doesn't sound like a system problem but like a QLC+ issue.
The Launchpad is also used on various other (Windows + Linux) workstations, and there we don't have any problem.

Any idea?

Thank you!
GGGss

Oke I see - so not soo novice after all ;-)

Did you check if QLC+ is sending the correct init-strings to the launchpad? Since they are sharing channel 1? Maybe there is a clue??
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore