GPIO Button won't activate next cue

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
retrodude326

Hey y'all. So after some fiddling, I was able to get my Rasp Pi to recognize a pull switch from a fan as an input on QLC+. I can map it to the next trigger of the auto cue and when in run mode it will advance when I press it the first time, thereafter nothing.

When mapping the same gpio trigger to a button, it fires every time.

Has anyone ever run into this problem or know what I could do to fix it? Is there a way to route a button press to control 'next cue'? Thanks in advance!
lucasto

Hi Retrodude326,
I experience the same, very strange!
If I assigne the same command to an osc message it work properly, with gpio only the first input work, the others are ignored.
Hope someone will help
all the best to all
Luca
dreamview

Old one, but I have exactly the same issue, only the first button press on GPIO works... any solutions? Latest version on Pi (image)
mcallegari

Have you tried with the "Generate an extra Press/Release when toggled" option in an input profile ?
https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... files.html
dreamview

I cannot choose GPIO when creating a profile... The strange thing is that I can make a button on the virtual console and use a GPIO input to control this button. But I cannot start/stop/pause a cue list (chaser) with GPIO. It only works once

But, I found a really nice work-around for this and maybe we should make a separate topic for this for others that have problems with GPIO input on QLC+.

This article ( http://blog.gegg.us/2017/01/setting-up- ... pberry-pi/ ) describes how to make a GPIO keyboard on the pi, assigning keystrokes to GPIO inputs and it works perfect in QLC+ It is really simple and flexible!
mcallegari

If you're going to use a (USB) keyboard, why not using keystrokes directly to VC widgets ? No need for such complex hardware when you already have a fully working one.
markzvo

I'm not sure what a "pull switch from a fan" is but be careful for floating voltage when it comes to GPIO inputs on the Pi.

Some designs with switches continue to feed voltage to a GPIO pin at a rate that is too high, even when the switch is off, therefore never shutting off the input to the GPIO pin... giving the illusion that the switch is stuck on. You may simply need to add a resistor.

Reference this:
https://grantwinney.com/using-pullup-an ... pberry-pi/

Think of it this way.
You are trying to get a bicycle to move.
You begin to pedal your bicycle, so now you are moving - this is your output going high
You are at your desired speed. So you stop pedaling - this is what you THINK is your output going low
Your bicycle is still moving even though you stopped pedaling... still quite fast... if you were to you ask someone if the bicycle is moving, they will all say yes because your inertia is still keeping the bicycle moving even with no (pedaling) output from you. This is floating voltage. You're not pedaling/outputting, but voltage/inertia is still there. You need to hit the brakes with a resistor to ground!