Connect Laptop to Rpi with ethernet cable or????

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
DaveAbbott

Hi All

I have the raspberry pi working as my stage lighting controller beautifully, perfect! However one thing I need is to occasionally make adjustments to some of the scenes chasers, but I cant get my laptop to talk to the Rpi when I'm at a gig as there is no network there. I suppose all I really need is to setup QLC+ using the laptop and then transfer the file to the Rpi but I don't know how to do it without my home network. any ideas people?

Best Regards

Dave Abbott
siegmund

Welcome to the forum!

You can just set up a LAN and use the web interface: http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/webinterface.html

Regards,
siegmund
DaveAbbott

Hi Siegmund

Thanks for the reply, how do I set up a lan?, it presumably has to be an ad hoc network, but I'm on Windows 10 which is not very"ad hoc" friendly, I've been researching this for a while now, I think I'm missing something but I dont know what.

Best Regards

Dave
siegmund

I'm sorry but I don't think the purpose of this forum is to talk about setting up a network. I'm sure there are much better instructions available on the internet. Just some hints:
You could use a router or a switch and connect your PC and the RPi to it. Make sure both have IP addresses that are on the same subnet.
If you have WLAN available on the Pi, you might even use the hotspot functionality of your smartphone (if it has one) as long as you don't need reliability and just want to copy the new workspace file.
(in both cases it is not an ad hoc network)
Baer

AdHoc Network is the simples thing a can imagine ;)

Assing a static IPs to your Pi and your Laptop and plug a CROSSOVER patch cable between them. (These cabels have crossed RX and TX wires and kan work directly between 2 Devices without using a switch or router)

Assing IP addresses aso you can find plenty of god instructions on the internet