i2c bus on RPI..

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
asm

Hi
Is there a way to use i2c bus on RPI and use the data in the program. ?
GGGss

Your personal USB->midi->USB again ;-)
(note for the other readers: He wants a RasPi (QLC) in conjunction with a Arduino-board as a hardware device [because Rasp Pi lacks AD-conversion ??] to get BiDi comm between QLC and hardware)

i2C-bus is a medium = signals
medium = i2C data (=signals) -> where does it come from (and in what form) -> and who is sending where to? Obvious (in his quest) Arduino is getting hardware values and he wants the values to send over to QLC - BUT !!
the program -> you mean QLC+ on Rasp Pi? (in the end - that IS the endpoint)

What do you want to send to QLC+? not implemented because 'what' is unknown
What do you want to send to QLC+? Not implemented because 'where' (QLC? NO fist to RasPi)
Where do you want Arduino to send it to? Not implemented (QLC+) because 'to' is unknown (I assume through I2C on your raspi pi = ok but in what form??)
What do you want RasPi to listen for? Not implemented (QLC+) because 'what to send' is unknown
and so on ...

Buddy... I'm getting the whole picture thread by thread.
[for the other readers: he wants to construct a hardware 'wing' with feedback and he is crawling through possibilities]

As I said before: your problem is NOT connecting Arduino to Raspi Pi- that is at step 4 (or 6 or 20-some)
Your mind IS right that IT IS possible ... BUT !!

This might be the way to look at things:
Hardware (sliders, buttons, ...) -> Arduino -> triggers -> conversion (to something usefull) -> data (payload) -> medium -> communications layer (I2c, midi, ..., ARTnet) -> comms [dialect]-> trigger [on data]-> conversion [data] -> ... -> QLC+
feedback = same story but read-right-to-left
QLC+ -> feedback -> conversion -> (send)trigger -> medium (i2c / midi / ...) -> trigger -> conversion -> Arduino-output -> yeea we have a led burning...

Everytime you see '->' in above there HAS to be a process involved.

i2C will not solve your problems budy.

My advise: Spend hours & hours of development OR buy yourself a decent midi-controller and 80% of your troubles are gone - really ... believe me (!!)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

reading my text again... I have to admit that this thread has to be left black = 'unanswered' - has nothing to do with QLC+
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
asm

I do not exactly know how to explain myself. But I will try.

I want to make a console where RPI's computer.

Besides, I want to have some "variable resistors", "contacts", "Led"
Contacts and variable resistors I want for example to fade a scene with.
A switch could use to choose a scen, or simple black out.
I was wondering if you could do it through an Arduino or whether such could directly couple a PCF8591 (AD converter) or MCP 23017 Port expansion directly to RPI's i2c bus.
But you must be able to "use" them / the components in QLC +
By good to write some code, for example via wiringPi, but one can at nogel way as accessing or grab a component inside the QLC + program, as one instance, can with a midi signal from such one korg nanoControler 2 ??
Hope this threw some more light on what it is I'm trying to achieve.

I would for example make mic input device where I can set the low and the high frequency i want to "catch" and use it as a step to such a scene change, or whatever right.
To do that course I have to be able to get the signal into the QLC QLC + so + can take over what the beat to do.

Used google translate. :-)