Control Timing from Raspberry Pi

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
zenos

Hi, I'm pretty new to QLC+ but understand the function of the Speed Dial on the VC. The Problem I'm running into is that the Speed Dial is not a supported widget on the web access, which is what I am using to access the program on Raspberry Pi.
1) Has anybody found a workaround for controlling timing/speed of chases on the web access?

2) I haven't been able to hook up a monitor to the Pi yet, but if I do that will the full VC with Speed Dial and X/Y Pad be available or will it still have the same limitations as the web access on the Pi?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to trying to find a workaround but worst case scenario I might just have to bring a laptop with me for shows where I need to change timing live.
siegmund

Welcome to the forum,
zenos wrote:1) Has anybody found a workaround for controlling timing/speed of chases on the web access?
Indeed it's possible with the help of the loopback plugin. Please have a look at the attached workspace. In it, there is one Dimmer in DMX universe, two scene for it (one full on, one off) and a chaser that switches between both scenes. Now in the vc there is a speed dial widget that has the chaser assigned to it. In addition to that, the "Absolute IN" slider is set as external input for the speed dial widget via loopback. Although you are not able to adjust the times in the speed dial widget itself, you can use the slider to adjust the absolute value of it and so change the timing. You can do the same with plus/minus or preset buttons.
zenos wrote:2) I haven't been able to hook up a monitor to the Pi yet, but if I do that will the full VC with Speed Dial and X/Y Pad be available or will it still have the same limitations as the web access on the Pi?
I think there will be a full virtual console.
Attachments
speed web access.qxw
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
asm

zenos wrote:
2) I haven't been able to hook up a monitor to the Pi yet, but if I do that will the full VC with Speed Dial and X/Y Pad be available or will it still have the same limitations as the web access on the Pi?
Hi what is your problem with it?

If you have a monitor with HDMI just plug it in.

If you have a monitor with DV-I you can bye a DVI to HDMI cable.

If you have a monitor with VGA you can bye a converter cable.

Hope its helps you :-)
zenos

Thanks for the responses, yall!

I think that the loopback plugin was exactly what I was looking for, just couldn't find the info on how to implement it. Using a slider to adjust the speed dial is exactly what I was thinking and knew had to be possible, so thank you very much.

As for the monitor, I just haven't gotten to setting up the Pi yet. I was focusing on doing the show design on my laptop before setting the Pi up. But it is good to know that there is a full VC on the Pi as a backup to the web access.

Thanks yall!