RealVNC showing black screen

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
thmshrn

Hi all,

just tried the new image (20161203), which out of the box works flawlessly. The new Raspbian version this image is based on includes the RealVNC Server, which consequently will probably soon become the standard for the raspberry. Therefore I too wanted to use that one (in addition to it dealing easily with things like virtual desktops, by default showing the desktop 0 etc.).

In the qlc+ image RealVNC is not included (understandable, considering the premise of small installation), but it can be installed afterwards, following these instructions https://www.realvnc.com/docs/raspberry- ... -pi-legacy. The last command will give you an error about missing dependencies, which can be installed by executing sudo apt-get -f install .

Up to this point all seems fine, you can connect to the server, but it only shows a black screen. Connecting a monitor to the raspberry gives the GUI with QLC+, so the faults not there. Probably some x11 desktop component is missing, but I haven't been able to identify it. Has anyone had better luck, getting it to work?

Going the other way round and installing QLC+ on an image of Raspbian Jessie with PIXELS works perfectly fine, but then I couldn't get my bitwizard DMX board to work. :cry: Of course I followed the instructions given in the QLC+ PDF and on the bitwizard site, but to no avail.

It doesn't have the highest priority, but as QLC+ over VNC is actually quite usable on my RPI 3 and the RealVNC seems to be nicely integrated into Raspbian it would be nice to have them both working. :roll:

Thanks in advance for any input!

br,
Thomas
janosvitok

I don't use Massimo image, but from what I remember, it DOES NOT contain X11. QLC+ runs on specially compiled QT that uses OpenGL directly. That means VNC would have to intercept OpenGL instead of X11.

Most probably you can get the bitwizard plugin if you compile from sources and uncomment these lines: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... ns.pro#L21
thmshrn

Alright, thanks for clearing that up! I tried to compile from source (release build) with the changes you suggested, but it seems theres more to it. The UART Interface is not even listed in this build of qlc+ and the webinterface also is down.

I'm sure all that could be fixed but right now I don't have the time to dive deep enough into the inner workings of qlc+. For now I'll stick to the prebuild image, but if anyone has suggestions on what might be done or successfully used the bitwizard board with a self-compiled version of qlc+ I'd be happy to give it another shot.