Raspberry Pi 3 Model B + WLan Hotspot + FX5 DE Interface

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
siegmund

Ah, sorry I didn't get it.
Don't think if it is a good idea to have it enabled by default, though this could also be a security risk but if you share your configurations this maybe can be pre-configured in the image.
Fendo

I working on the tutorial. I think i have both versions until friday
GregMcC

Releasing an image back to Massimo would be brilliant - that would be the only correct route - as Massimo has put a lot of extra work in to get onto the Raspberry platform ( and it is thus only available to users who have contributed a small amount of money ).
Fendo

Hey Greg, this idea is not so bad.
I will ask Massimo if he want the guide exclusive for the people who buy the image.
I think its not the best idea that it is an normal implemented feature of the Image.

By the way, it is also interesting for all who build the QLC+ on a normal Raspbian OS by there self.

Edit: Ok, cant ask him. He disabled private messages. :D If you read this Massimo contact me. ;)
mcallegari

Lately I noticed that people in this forum tend to take decisions for me.
Thing is that most of the times users have a partial view/knowledge of QLC+ and they only aim for their specific usage case.
On the other hand, I have the full picture of the software and all the topics around it, that sometimes are not even exposed here or in the website, because I am silently following them.
Plus, I hold the history of the project, and all the issues that have been raised in the last 4 years.
There's a reason for most of the decisions I take for this project, so it would be nice if users try to trust me.

That said, the RPi image provided by me aims to be generic and to cover most users needs.
The onboard WiFi interface has been introduced for the first time on the RPi 3 in February this year, so no, I won't enable something that won't work on RPi Zero, 1 and 2.
Also, I'm not a big fan of WiFi in public places. Considered the plethora of wireless signals that are in the air nowadays, I believe the good old ethernet cable is the way to go for a reliable installation.

Anyway, online there's plenty of tutorials about how setting up a hotspot on a RPi. You just need to Google for it.
Examples:
http://elinux.org/RPI-Wireless-Hotspot
https://frillip.com/using-your-raspberr ... h-hostapd/
https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/download ... -point.pdf

What I do, is to pre-install the necessary packages to make it easier, such as hostapd, wpa-supplicant, etc.
The rest is up to the users needs. I can't write a tutorial for every single thing, especially if it doesn't concern QLC+ (like setting up a wifi AP)

@GregMcC
Releasing an image back to Massimo would be brilliant - that would be the only correct route
What does this even mean ? I should be provided with my image with a hotspot on ? Sounds quite ridicolous to me.

@Fendo
As explained above, there's no big secret in setting up a wifi AP on the RPi, as all the information is available online after a brief research. No need to contact me in private or whatever.
If you want, you can share a tutorial for less experienced (or lazy) users in the Community section of this forum, like other users did for other topics.
If you come up with a PDF or something pretty structured, I can even share it in the QLC+ website or in the Blog section of this forum.

But please: don't make it bigger than it is.
Fendo

I fully agree to you Massimo.

There is nothing magic to set up an hotspot on a debian based distro, and there are a lot how-to's for doing that.
If you invest a few min. you can find all you need to do it by yourself. But there are some just little things that
are different for the QLC+ RPi version. For those who arn't that familiar with linux based systems its a little help
to get it to work.

I think i start a new topic for the how-to (when it is finished) so everyone who needs help can contact me there.