No DMX monitor activity with RPi on 4.10.4

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
rawbengal

I am just getting back into playing around with QLC+ after a year or so of inactivity. I wanted to test the RPi functionality to see if i would meet my needs for a new project. In order to get going quickly, I grabbed the 4.10.4 tag off the GitHub repository and compiled it from scratch on my RPi running Jessie.
Most everything seems to be working... I can get a GUI in X11 or I can access the web interface.

The problem I am having is that no amount of adjusting values in the Simple Desk or playing my chase functions will cause the DMX Universe Monitor to show anything is happening. Everything just stays at zero. I tried experimenting with outputting to OLA and ArtNet and monitoring the OLA behavior... nothing.

Does this issue ring a bell with anyone? One possible clue... I noticed that if I press the X on the bottom of the Simple Desk slider the slider goes from red to white but does not drop back to zero value as it does on my Mac. If it helps, I'm compiling everything with Qt 4.8.6 and using a RPi 2 model B.

cheers,
Rob