SweerLight Interface

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
dmxlaser

Hello there....
Here is my problem...
I have one usb-dmx interface SweetLight that in windows
Version of QLC+ works under the ft232 profile (enttec open dmx Usb) but it has diferent VID & PID in the driver.
How can i add it in the raspberry pi version.. I believe i have to add a udev.rule somewere.... any help please...
mcallegari

DMX USB recognized VID PID are hardcoded in the code:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... face.h#L87

You need to change the device validity check and build QLC+ from sources
dmxlaser

Can you add that interface an next version?
VID is 1069 and PID is 1030
the name of the interface is Sweetlight Cable DMX USB
and works under the ftdidmx profile
Regards
Michael
mcallegari

I don't own the adapter, so I won't add some VID/PID without checking it first.

If you tell me what operating you're using, I can provide a test version of the DMX USB plugin with the VID/PID included and you need to report here if it works.
dmxlaser

I have tested with windows version of qlc+ under the ftdi usb dmx and works like a charm but i want to use it with the raspberry pi version and only needs the VIDs And the PIDs. Its an enttec open dmx usb clone but with different
VIDs . I have been use this with many diffent softwares like freestyler, dmxcontrol,pc_dimmer etc. and always works correctly under the enttec open dmx usb profile.
The windows driver that i use is the ftdibus.inf with modified VID & PID. for the boards' ft232rl chip.
mcallegari

You should have started this discussion with your latest post

First of all: where does this ftdibus.inf file comes from ? Is it provided by SweetLight ? Can you point me to a link where I can download it and have a look at it ?
Secondly, not sure, but a inf file itself is not enough to tell Windows to recognize a device. Are you sure it doesn't actually install a dll or a sys file ?
In that case, you are tampering the standard FTDI windows drivers, which is not good, and most likely it is a Windows only thing. It's not guaranteed to work on other OSes.

So, here's the plan:
- I can provide a Windows DMX USB DLL with the included VID/PID for you to test. However, you need to make sure you are not tampering your system, and use the vanilla FTDI drivers.
Basically you need to bring Windows back to a state where QLC+ doesn't list the SweetLight device. Then you can test the modified DLL I will provide.
- When it is working, we can do the same on Linux, but you need to have access to a Linux PC
- and finally, when everything is working out of the box on Windows and Linux, I can provide the modified DMX USB plugin for the Raspberry Pi, and include the changes upstream for the next release

Sounds a bit complicated, but as I said, I'm not going to make "blind" changes without being sure they will work. And moreover, I'm not willing to ask users to install custom inf files which could tamper their systems.
dmxlaser

Hello again...
As i already told you the interface works in windows version of qlc+ correctly... The driver tha i told you before (ftdibus.inf) Is here. http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
In windows version of QLC+ you use the ftd2xx.dll to talk to the interface.. In linux is different.
The interface actualy is a USB SERIAL CONVERTER flashed with different PIDs. Why you make it so complicated?
dmxlaser

Sorry.. My bad....
I will upload the official drivers from sweetlight in a few hours... Then if you compare them with the D2XX drivers from ftdi, you 'll see that those are the same...
For example:
EUROLITE USB DMX512 ======> Enttec Open DMX USB.
SweetLight DMX CABLE =====> Enttec Open DMX USB
Chauvet DMX CABLE ======> Enttec Open DMX USB
All are the same.. Same drivers, same dlls, same cirquits, same schematics but different VIDs & PIDs ....
All are the same usb to rs 485 converters..
Regards
Michael
mcallegari

It seems you want to teach me how FTDI drivers work.
So here's the news: I perfectly know how they work and I already knew the page you pointed me to. What you probably don't know, is that when you plug a FTDI interface for the first time, Windows download those exact drivers (D2XX WHQL), via an official Microsoft Cerified channel. Those drivers are signed and they recognize all the FTDI variants on the market, as long as the VID is FTDI.
What they don't do, is to recognize custom VID/PID programmed by other manufacturers.

So, again, where does the inf file you installed comes from ?
Surely not from the official FTDI drivers, cause FTDI as a manufacturer, has VID 0403. You should open ftdibus.inf from the official driver and check with your eyes.

By the way, I have a Eurolite DMX cable and the VID/PID are the standard ones from FTDI, so it works with QLC+ out of the box.

I already offered my availability to provide you a modified plugin. If you're not happy even with this proposal, then make the change yourself.
dmxlaser

Hi there my friend again...
I think here we have a missunderstanding and the cause is my bad english. I'm very sorry for that.
I didn't tried to teach you anything. I know you are a good programmer and thats why i'm asking for your help. The only thing that i'm trying to explain you is that the manufacturer took a usb to rs485 interface and reflashed it with different PIDs & VIDs for software Locking Purpuses. I didn't want to tell anything about your project.... I like it... I just wanted to expand it and add another dmx hardware... Now if it is not possible, its not a big deal... The inteface works already very good in windows version of QLC+ as i told you before... All the discussion we do here is for the better good...
Again I'm very sorry if you understand any wrong...
Regards
Michael
IzaakKuze

Hi...i am a new user here. Can you point me to a link where I can download it and have a look at it ?Secondly, not sure, but a inf file itself is not enough to tell Windows to recognize a device. Are you sure it doesn't actually install a dll or a sys file ?In that case, you are tampering the standard FTDI windows drivers, which is not good, and most likely it is a Windows only thing. It's not guaranteed to work on other OSes.

prototype assembly
Last edited by IzaakKuze on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmxlaser

Hi there my friends...
As I told before i use the drivers attached bellow in windows version of QLC+ and works corectly under DMXUSB profile with Open TX mode.....
If anyone can add this interface in Rasperry Pi version it would be wonderfull....
It is an OPEN DMX USB clone flashed with differen VIDs & PIDs.
Regards
Michael
dmxlaser

Here are them.
Attachments
drivers CABLE.rar
(986.55 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
dmxlaser

And Here is a screenshot of my windows Config
Attachments
SweetLight CABLE.jpg