USB Hub Suggestions

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
audioasche

Hey Everyone!

I tried searching for the answer. If it already exists I beg for your forgiveness.

I recently got QLC+ running on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B using the qlcplus_raspbian_jessie_20161007 image.

For quite a while I was not able to get the DMX output module (a brand new and tested entec opendmx module) to work. After some troubleshoot I found that the output would only work with limited usb device connected as described in the accompanying pdf.

The bigger issue is the powered USB hub neither allows the opendmx module or any other usb devices to work. It would appear that the hub, which is a pluggable usb 3.0 hub (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Z ... UTF8&psc=1), is not being recognized by the raspberry pi. I also tried my Odessey Control Sl which appears to be a usb hub as well and got the same results.

What has everyone's experience been with usb hubs, what are you using, and what are your suggestions?

I am figure there is either a command or process I am missing or that certain brand(s) or drivers play better than others with the jessie image? Is usb 2.0 a better option for this situation?

Thanks,

John
audioasche

I just picked up an Insigna 7 port usb powered hub and it is working very well!