Mouse freeze

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
dewi

Hello everyone

I'm new to using QLC+ on the Raspberry but i have been using the mac version for a long time. One strange thing i came across is that the mouse freezes very often. Is that normal and due to the performances of the pi ? I have the same issue both on pi2 and pi3.

Thanks for your answers
David
mcallegari

More details please.
What are you doing to see mouse freezing ?
dewi

I'm just using a project and using the mouse to click buttons and sliders. But i noticed that the mouse tends to freeze especially when i'm in the top and bottom menu bar. When i'm in the workspace itself it seems to go fine most of the time.
mcallegari

Alright then it's a known thing and it depends on the Qt libraries, not QLC+ itself.

However, as I said a million times already, a Raspberry Pi cannot replace a PC, and project editing is strongly not recommended.

If you really need to do that, then you might consider to move to a full desktop environment (e.g. Xorg)
Instructions on chapter 10 of the provided PDF
dewi

Oh okay, thank you very much for your clear answer. Now i know it's not an issue with my raspberry. Thanks a lot.
maxximizer

"Old" thread, but I had the same problem a few days ago. I could fix it by removing the --overscan parameter in QLCPLUS_OPTS. In my case, no overscan - no mouse freeze.