Chauvet Kinta FX

Request a fixture definition here
mlohrey

I have followed the manual accurately, I believe.
I am not familiar with laser type devices but sometimes programs or macros on one channel can affect other channels. Lighting manuals, in my experience anyway, are notorious for lack of detail!
Also, when working with all the DMX controls as in 9-ch mode, you have the control over each item and may have to build the efx you want from within QLC+.

If you want to test the device independently of the fixture definition, then just give the light an address, say 001, and then go into simple desk and use the sliders (1 to 9 if the address is 001 and you are in 9-CH mode) to check what the light does over each address range.

Cheers

Mark
zapdogster

HI - not sure if this ever got solved. I downloaded the QFX file posted earlier and it only has 8 channels defined instead of 9. It was missing the laser strobe channel (8) and the rotation was on ch 8 instead of 9. Attached is my corrected version I made so I can manually control the lasers. I've also added slightly more descriptive titles to stuff cuz the manual is not entirely clear s to what channels control what e.g. Colour LEDs vs White strobe LEDS.

I attached a "-z" to the fixture name so you can tell it difference form the original file, but that is easy to change to whatever you want in the fixture editor.

Separate issue: When I put this file in the (Windows) User\username\\QLC+\Fixtures, then QLC+ does not find it in the fixtures list so I could use it. I had to manually place it in the main program fixtures directory to get it "registered" i.e. in C:\QLC+\Fixtures.

My apologies if this was previously fixed and I didn't see it.
Attachments
Chauvet-Kinta-FX-zapdogster.qxf
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
siegmund

Hey, thanks for the corrections!
I would like to submit this fixture definition for adding it to QLC+, but unfortunately, the max PAN value is missing. Could you please find it out or give a rough estimation? Or is it a fixture with endless PAN?

Regards,
siegmund