Martin MAC 575 Krypton?

Request a fixture definition here
vcallinan

Hi,

I am very new to lighting design and just downloaded this program to play around with it on my computer however I want to add the "Martin MAC 575" as a fixture as that is the main fixture that the small tech company I work with has. I am not exactly sure how to set it up in the fixture editor even after reading the help files so if anyone knows how to do this or already has done it please let me know!
boxy

Hi, the definition is attached.

Unfortunately the gobos aren't included - there is a few already done but it looks pretty bad if some pics are there and others not. If somebody wants to draw them...
Attachments
Martin-MAC-575-Krypton.qxf
(20.58 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Baer

Has someone drawn the missing gobos in the meantime?
Would be great to have them
boxy

Hi,

There are plenty of images in QLC+/Gobos which nearly match the ones included with the MAC 575, according to the images I can find. If somebody with these onbe of these units can supply which filenames best represent each gobo, we can add them to the fixture.

Even if they're not perfect matches thay can still give an idea of what will display.

As always, there's copyright stuff with even creating these gobo images without permission.
Baer

Not sure who we need to ask regarding copyright, but should be easy to extract to gobos from here:

http://ptmtj.com/assets/files/MAC575Kry ... ochure.pdf

I could extract them, but not shure if we are allowed to use them then...
boxy

Like I said, we can easily create the images, but written agreement is required to use the images (don't hold your breath).

If existing images in the gobos folder are close enough we can use them for now. Go look, there's loads.
Baer

I've looked into the existing folders
Think i found good images for 6 or 7 of the gobos, for the other ones there are not so good matches.

For me the fixture works also without gobo pictures because for the current show I'm not using gobos on this fixture,
But would be nice if the fixture where complete ;)
siegmund

Baer wrote:Think i found good images for 6 or 7 of the gobos, for the other ones there are not so good matches.
Would you mind sharing the matching ones you found?
Baer

Thanks for remembering, the fixture definition just worked for me so a totally forget about this topic....

I'll have a look if i can remember where i stored the images i thought that would be an acceptable match...
Baer

Can't find the images which i thought will be a good fit.
So somebody needs to ask Martin if we are allowed to use there gobo pictures from the manual.

I integrated them into the fixture definition on my desk, but I'm not sure if I am allowed to share them here
siegmund

Baer wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:33 am So somebody needs to ask Martin if we are allowed to use there gobo pictures from the manual.
Besides the fact that most likely they will not grant permission, massimo in general argues that we already have about 900 gobos included so there should be enough possibilities to find the fitting ones.