American DJ Fog Fury Jett

Request a fixture definition here
DVJ_Deano

I've created a profile for the American DJ Fog Fury Jett smoke machine with the LED's.

Not sure if people use it or thinking about using one.
Have a look at the profile and see if it's suitable.

And a link to the page to download the manual. http://www.adj.com/fog-fury-jett
Attachments
American-DJ-Fog-Fury-Jett.qxf
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
DVJ_Deano

There is no colour macros, or 'heads' added to this version.
I'm trying to do one with full colour macro's but finding it hard to get a colour picker for the RGBA charts.
If anybody can help or amend the current one it would be helpful.
boxy

I am looking now...
boxy

The attached is based on putting amber to 255 being the equivalent of R:255,G:191,B:0.

This means that total RGB red could go above 255 if those LEDs were turned on. I have therefore weighted the colours to reflect the above. eg. red on it's own is 128, amber on it's own is 128. Red and amber together would put red at 255 on the RGB gamut.

The offshoot is that colours look quite dark with no amber and blue cannot go above 50% on the screen.

Other weigtings make amber on it's own look a dark brown. The actual effect here is no doubt an intensity curve in real life.
Attachments
American-DJ-Fog-Fury-Jett.qxf
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
DVJ_Deano

Boxy, i started doing the latter colour macros 34-64 by just using the r.g.b sliders on the colour picker on the mac, but when i clicked back on them, it had changed the values i had entered, so just left them as they were.

Be good if someone created a RGBA picker tool ;-)
boxy

Deano, the attached goes some way to explaining colours and how complicated it is. Ignore the plugging for software in there.

Basically, if you have 255, 255, 255 with RGB only, what happens when you turn the amber on? You cannot go above 255 as there's no lighting volume knob that goes to 11. The only way is to make the RGB only colours darker so when amber is turned on they get brighter.
Attachments
Pathway_ColorMixing.pdf
(645.74 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
DVJ_Deano

Quite an interesting read that boxy.

I was just going off the colour macros from the manual so was trying to obtain a true representation of that.

Would it be the same scenario if they were RGBW ? Instead of the Amber?
boxy

Deano, I weighted my colours to 255,191,0 which is amber in RGB format. For RGBW, the weighting would be 255,255,255.

When converted to RGB this means white LEDs only is 128,128,128. Red full on would be 128,0,0. Red plus white would be 255,127,127.

As you would expect, the white above is actually a medium grey so you can't win. This is why they use the W and A extra colours!

I suppose you could turn the monitor brightness up to maximum?!?