Briteq COB slim RGB + Briteq COB PAR56 100WW

Request a fixture definition here
thierry2308

Good afternoon,

I am a newbie with QLC+ , and DMX in general, but I am trying to configure two new fixtures with the fixtures editor. After trying a lot of differents configurations, I do not manage to make my two new fixtures working in the Monitor.

The first one is a Briteq PAR56 100 WW, with 2 modes (1ch-mode & 2ch-mode). I am trying to configure the 2ch-mode. I cannot configure the strobe function of the 2nd channel, in order to make it works in the Monitor. When I increase the dmx value of the 1st channel (dimmer), the fixture is blinking at a constant rate in the Monitor, even if the 2nd channel (strobe) is off.

For the COB SLIM RGB, it's exactly the same. I cannot configure the strobe effect on the 2nd channel and I am not sure of the "multiple functions" on a unique channel.

Is there someone who can check my fixture profiles and correct the mistakes in my channels ?

Here you can find the manuals of the two fixtures :

COB SLIM RGB : https://briteq-lighting.com/fr/cob-slim100-rgb
COB PAR56 100WW : https://briteq-lighting.com/cob-par56-100ww-black

Thank you very much !
Attachments
Briteq-COB-slim-100-RGB.qxf
(4.4 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Briteq-COB-PAR56-100WW.qxf
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Fxedel

It's only the naming of the capabilities. Renaming them from:

Code: Select all

<Capability Min="0" Max="5">Open - No strobe</Capability>
<Capability Min="6" Max="255">Increasing strobe speed (006 = slow   255 = fast)</Capability>
to

<Capability Min="0" Max="5">Open</Capability>
<Capability Min="6" Max="255">Strobe slow-fast</Capability>
worked for me.
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+.
thierry2308

Thank you for you fast reply :) It is working except the rate at which the lights are blinking in the monitor.

Whether I set the channel on 35 or on 255, the blinking remains the same. Is it also the labelling of the capability ?
Is there a paper which contains the "good" labelling of capabilities to avoid this kind of problem in the future ?

Thank you :)
Fxedel

I don't know if and how it is possible to affect the strobe speed with capabilities. I tested these test capabilities:

<Capability Min="0" Max="5">Open</Capability>
  <Capability Min="6" Max="40">Strobe 1-20Hz</Capability>
  <Capability Min="41" Max="80">1-20Hz</Capability>
  <Capability Min="81" Max="120">Strobe 1-20</Capability>
  <Capability Min="121" Max="160">1-20</Capability>
  <Capability Min="161" Max="255">Increasing strobe</Capability>

All capabilities containing the word "strobe" are blinking at a constant rate, "1-20Hz" has no effect on anything.

Maybe you'll ask your question in Usage questions where chances may be higher to get a developer's answer.
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+.
thierry2308

As I saw on the qlcplus extra from mcallegari GitHub, for another fixture, I also try the code below but it seems that the blinking rate remains constant too. :(

<Capability Min="6" Max="255">Strobe 0 < Max</Capability>

For the moment, it seems that, except this blinking rate, I can use my two fixtures with QLC+. It's a good start :)

Thank you for your time and your help ;-) I will follow your advice concerning usage questions.
siegmund

Showing the correct strobe in the 2D monitor is currently not possible with QLC+.
Anyway, it would be very kind if you could share your working fixture definition so it can be added to QLC+!

Regards,
siegmund
thierry2308

Hi siegmund,

I just added the two fixtures ! :)