Request a fixture definition here
sonozikloc

Hello everyone
I am looking for the fixture of the afre beam 1 R
Does any of you already have this Lyre?
If yes, do you have the fixture?

thank you for your comeback :)

Sincerly
Last edited by sonozikloc on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edogawa

Hello,

please use the common nomenclatura, the device itself is the fixture, and what your after is the fixture definition.

I haven't heard of or seen this brand and model before, and sadly the product page doesn't offer a manual download.

In the past I have written a few definitions (and will do so again for any undefined fixtures I'll have work with), and can assure you that it's an a bit time consuming, but not very complicated task, using QLC+ Fixture Editor.

In case you don't have the time or patience to do it yourself, but have the DMX parameter chart at hands, and are willing to pay me some money (say the equivalent for 2 hours work) I'll happily write a definition for you...

Usually I'm way too busy with my own jobs to offer such a thing, I can do that only because I had a rather severe accident at work and am recovering at home (I fell of the scaffold from 4 m height at theater, in fact I had a thousand guardian angels around and survived without permanent harm, just light fractures at three neck vertebrae and minor scratches).

Don't get me wrong, I'm an open source enthusiast and in the past I have contributed translations, docs, linux packaging, and even simple source code patches to several software projects without charging anything; it's just that I'm a freelancer, miss the money I'm losing due to that accident, have to stay at home and can do only computer work until around end of january 2018.

Feel free to send private mail to me here in the forum to negotiate further details if you're interested. The only prerequisites are the DMX chart and some tech specs from the manual (Pan/Tilt range, lumen, physical dimensions, weight etc.), without that information there is no chance to write a working definition. You could then test it and I'd correct any issues if I got some parameters wrong at the first go...

Cheers, Edgar
GGGss

off topic: Speedy recovery (!)
Ps: there was a thread asking for freelancing proggin' A mobile DJ asking for ...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

Thank you for the wishes!

I cannot find the corresponding post currently, anyway it's not like I'm broke or would desperately need income now. Just came across this and had an impulse to offer help if wanted...