Chauvet Gigbar 2 Definition?

Request a fixture definition here
djBACh

Hello everybody! dj BACh here, new to the software & forums, so take it easy on me if im not going about posting this correctly. here is my conundrum:

i have recently acquired an enttec usb/dmx and QLC+ software. the software has a profile for the chauvet gigbar (which is 20 channels), BUT, what i need is a profile for the gigbar 2 (which is 23 channels).

does this profile exist for the gigbar 2? if not, does anyone know where i could easily obtain it? if not, could someone point to the proper tutorial for building a profile for a fixture?

thank you in advance for your assistance, have a great day!

BACh
"You are the music, while the music lasts..." T.S. Eliot

dj BACh
Derby City DJ
www.derbycitydj.com
Thorben

Hey BACh,

as far as I can see, there is no such defintion yet. With your QLC software also came a program called "Fixture Definition Editor". With this program, you can build your own definition. 23 channels will take some time though (with all information per channel, I'd say 45-65minutes, if you know how to work it).

Regards,
Thorben
mcallegari

Moved to fixture requests
Freasy

Hi,
try this one.
I threw it at the validator and it shows me 7 errors due to the fact that there are multiple channels with both strobe and speed functions. So whether I set strobe, it will complain that it should be speed and vice-versa.
So not really fixable.
I also tried my best with creating heads for 23 channel mode, in 2D the last two heads are constantly white because they are white and UV. Maybe in a future update it can show those colors, so I put it in.

Please let me know if it works like expected.
Attachments
Chauvet-GigBAR-2.qxf
(16.47 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
djBACh

sorry for the delay in my reply, haven't been on this forum in forever. this only shows up with 3 channels.
"You are the music, while the music lasts..." T.S. Eliot

dj BACh
Derby City DJ
www.derbycitydj.com
Freasy

djBACh wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:39 pm sorry for the delay in my reply, haven't been on this forum in forever. this only shows up with 3 channels.
You need to set the right mode when adding the fixture to your setup. Default is 3 channels, there is also 11 and 23 channels.
tuck

I'm having the same issue with GigBar2. I'm also a noob when it comes to programing the QLC+
Unfortunately I wouldn't know how to build the program to run this bar.
Hoping someone will help us all out on this. So excited to begin using this in our show.
PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks so much for any one's time in this matter.
Peace Out!
Chris
Freasy

tuck wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:14 pm I'm having the same issue with GigBar2. I'm also a noob when it comes to programing the QLC+
Unfortunately I wouldn't know how to build the program to run this bar.
Hoping someone will help us all out on this. So excited to begin using this in our show.
PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks so much for any one's time in this matter.
Peace Out!
Chris
Hello,
you need to download the .qxf file attached above and put it into your fixture folder. This folder is in the main folder of QLC+, e.g.: C:\Programs\QLC+\Fixtures.
tuck

Very Nice!! Thanks So Much. It does control a LOT but missing color changes for the 2 center floods (or what ever they are called) and no small strobes.
But at least I have a lot more control. THANKS for your time. Any more advice?
PEACE!!

I did end up figuring it out........when adding fixture select "23 Channel" COOL!!! Thanks again!!!
siegmund

I submitted the fixture definition for adding it to QLC+, thanks!