no name mini head wash

Request a fixture definition here
vector

This ones a bit tricky as I couldnt find a real brand on it... possibly a cheap rip off , sorry.

From the manual attached I have put together a basic profile but not sure on a few things like strobe is between two values and sound channel has an on off value.
Learning and appreciate the feed back
Attachments
MiniMoverWashHead-QF-1007C.pdf
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
MiniLED-Moving-Head-Wash.qxf
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
mlohrey

Hi vector,

I have a couple of no name movers as well. They have been an interesting experiment. So far one has blown the LED (replaced for free but let to me to install) and the other had the fan stop as it was rubbing on some of the electronics inside. I also added cable eyes to the body to make doubly sure they could fall. But they are useful.

Here is the updated fixture. You had it mostly right. I tweaked it a bit to include the '0' stop settings when in 11 channel mode.

If you work through Channel 9 when in Channel 11 mode you might be able to work out what values apply to the colours.

Cheers

Mark
Attachments
Tweaked the channels a little to better match the manual
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
mlohrey

Just tweaked the physical properties and set the strobe to shutter. I am not sure what the dimmer+strobe does when in 6 channel mode. You might work out what goes on in this channel.

I made up the dimensions and mass ;-) You might have a better estimate.

Cheers

Mark
Attachments
Fixed physical properties and set strobe to shutter
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
vector

thanks Mark, that explains a few things Ill check it out

Re fixing fixtures.. yep i picked this head up for $20 brand new because it was returned to the shop faulty.."tripping breaker" was the report.
I pulled it apart to find a major design problem. A heat sink was earthing out the power capacitor. fixed it and bingo a good win.

read about it here in my blog
vector

Hi There,
Yes sorry for the delay, I play in the band as well as do the lighting, I have to make sure I get my music right and not spend too much time on the creative light playing :)

The unit functioned as expected, as far as I can tell the def is correct.

I caveat tho . The manual indicates it is a 6 ch and an 11ch.
However the display menu on the unit itself indicates it as 7ch and 12ch. I tried adding a 7th ch to see if it did anything and it didnt but to be safe I have left it in as "Unknown"

I will play with this some more ie add another fixture after 6 see if it clashes.
I have added the strobe to dimmer
And im am currently playing with the 32 mixed colours and checking 11 ch mode