Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Request a fixture definition here
User avatar
MontyZuma
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:11 am
Real Name: Klaus Muth

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by MontyZuma » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Two Updated Fixture definitons I'm using.
Better naming of Channels, Heads, corrected Channel Groups.
Attachments
Stairville-LEDbar-240-8.qxf
Updated, Channels Sorted & better named
(8.56 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Stairville-CLB2.4-CompactLED.qxf
Updated, Heads
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

User avatar
mcallegari
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Italy
Real Name: Massimo Callegari
Contact:

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by mcallegari » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am

MontyZuma wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:20 pm
Two Updated Fixture definitons I'm using.
Better naming of Channels, Heads, corrected Channel Groups.
They don't even pass the fixture validator.
I guess you haven't even read the OP.

User avatar
mcallegari
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Italy
Real Name: Massimo Callegari
Contact:

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by mcallegari » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 am

siegmund wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:45 am
Two new definitions:
  • Stairville Tri Flat PAR Profile 5x3W RGB thanks to Freasy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10890
  • QTX MHS-60 thanks to Nerijus Mongirdas (and Robert Box): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10897
Three new fixture definitions:
All added, thanks !

User avatar
MontyZuma
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:11 am
Real Name: Klaus Muth

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by MontyZuma » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:48 am

mcallegari wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am
MontyZuma wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:20 pm
Two Updated Fixture definitons I'm using.
Better naming of Channels, Heads, corrected Channel Groups.
They don't even pass the fixture validator.
I guess you haven't even read the OP.
Difficult:
Massimo Callegari wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 pm
  • A fixture should pass the online fixture validator to be accepted
  • A fixture should reflect the exact indications given in the product user manual
is a contradiction in itself - the only problem with the fixture validator is that modes shouldn't contain the word mode in the name, this is what they are called in the product user manual. So one of those conditions is violated in any case. Shall I invent a new name for each mode?

The second doesn't validate because the manual says for the strobe effect "increasing speed" and the validator thinks it should belong to the speed group. But strobe is a shutter effect, isn't it?

So is it "should pass the validator" or is it "MUST pass the validator"?

k

User avatar
mcallegari
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Italy
Real Name: Massimo Callegari
Contact:

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by mcallegari » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 pm

MontyZuma wrote:is a contradiction in itself - the only problem with the fixture validator is that modes shouldn't contain the word mode in the name, this is what they are called in the product user manual. So one of those conditions is violated in any case. Shall I invent a new name for each mode?
And here we go again.
Do you want to be right ? You're right then. Happy ?

The word "should" says it all. The rest is common sense.
In the QLC+ add fixture dialog there is "Mode" and a combo box. Therefore "Mode: 13 channel mode" doesn't sound that right.
Plus, multiply the word "mode" by all the modes of 870 fixtures and you'll have the amount of all the useless bytes that would go into the QLC+ package.

Also, if a fixture manual is available only in german, would you stick to it and write a fixture definition in german for everybody in the world ? Please be reasonable.

The whole point here is that I started this topic to ask for some help because I was way behind with the review of the fixtures submitted in this forum area.
Instead, you took a random post and posted an update of an existing fixture and a new one no one has ever seen. Both should have gone in a new thread in the Fixture definitions area.

But who am I to say this forum is a total mess cause people refuse to simply choose the right place ?

User avatar
MontyZuma
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:11 am
Real Name: Klaus Muth

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by MontyZuma » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:10 pm

mcallegari wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 pm
MontyZuma wrote:is a contradiction in itself - the only problem with the fixture validator is that modes shouldn't contain the word mode in the name, this is what they are called in the product user manual. So one of those conditions is violated in any case. Shall I invent a new name for each mode?
And here we go again.
Do you want to be right ? You're right then. Happy ?
Yeah. You are right of course.

I have to admit I was a little bit pissed - please forgive me, that's not your fault. I really should know better.

Of course that was the wrong thread. I'll come up with some idea how to include the mode number from the manual without using "mode" in the name and will resubmit in the right place.

klaus

siegmund
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:03 am
Location: Germany
Real Name: Lukas

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by siegmund » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Two new definitions:
Attachments
Beamz-BAC406.qxf
(4.74 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Geni-Mojo-Color-Moc.qxf
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

siegmund
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:03 am
Location: Germany
Real Name: Lukas

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by siegmund » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:34 am

New definition:
Attachments
Stairville-MH-250-S.qxf
(6.05 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

siegmund
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:03 am
Location: Germany
Real Name: Lukas

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by siegmund » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Next round!
One question: What is the sense behind requiring the pan/tilt degree information on a laser fixture?
Attachments
fixtures.zip
(9.49 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

User avatar
mcallegari
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Italy
Real Name: Massimo Callegari
Contact:

Re: Help gathering complete definitions anyone ?

Post by mcallegari » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:33 pm

All added except for Big Dipper which is in Spanish.
Thanks a lot Lukas !
One question: What is the sense behind requiring the pan/tilt degree information on a laser fixture?
For when we'll ever have 3D laser simulation :smirk:

Post Reply