Chinese Mini Moving Head Gobo

Request a fixture definition here
GordonJones

Hello,
I have purchased, from ebay, 2 unbranded Chinese mini moving head gobo lights for my granddaughter for Christmas. I want to get these set up before she opens them, and I have been through a steep learning curve understanding how DMX lighting control works.

I have the DMX channel spec - attached - and I don't think it will take me long to set them up using the fixture editor. But I did wonder if anyone had done this fixture before?

Alternatively if anyone can suggest a good starting point from the default supplied fixtures files that I could copy and edit?

I am currently using a MAC-book on High Sierra.

Thanks Gordon Jones
Attachments
kat_moving head gobo.pdf
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 334 times
edogawa

Because these chinese mini LED moving lights flood the market and similar or identical units carry several brand names, it's pretty difficult to find compatible fixture definitions if any exist...
Nevertheless, i took a look at open fixture library. Just by chance I immediately found a definition and manual of a unit that looks identical to yours, from its function and DMX charts, at https://open-fixture-library.org/kam/gobotracer

Hope it will work,

Edgar
Last edited by edogawa on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonJones

Edgar,

What a star. I didn't know about the open fixture library. Well spotted. Thank you so much.

When I have tested it, should I add this to the fixture definitions topic on this forum do you think, or is it adequate that it is in the open fixture library?

Gordon
siegmund

Massimo tries to keep QLC+ clear from these "Chinese" fixture definitions (for good reasons). Still, you could submit it to the fixture definitions area and Massimo can decide by himself.