MIDI trigger of scenes (not toggle)

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
magneson

Hi there!

I'm working on a project where I want to trigger cues with MIDI from a different program. I have communications and everything is working fine and dandy, but I'm having a bit of an issue with properly triggering cues in relation to each other. Toggling and flash works as intended, but it doesn't release cues without sending an extra trigger which I'm struggling a bit to achieve.

I basically want the previous cue or cue list/chaser to stop whenever I trigger a new cue. I tried searching the forums, but I might have searched for the wrong term as used by QLC. I have had luck with using a solo frame and change pages, until I tried changing pages with midi. Then it kind of overlaps the pages or gets super-confused.

The way I have set it up now on each page, is two rows of buttons. The first row toggles the cue on and is for instance mapped to MIDI note 60, the next button is mapped to MIDI note 61, and so on. The second row toggles everything off, and is mapped to the same MIDI notes, but shifted one space, so when MIDI note 61 is pressed it toggles cue 2 on, and cue 1 off. I'm thinking there has to be a better way to do this, but I'm not so familiar with QLC.

I will hopefully be able to upload the fixtures in use after I'm done with the job, and get some time to do the remaining modes, which are the GLP X1 and the Prolights Air6Pix.
janosvitok

Post your qxw project here and all custom qxf so that the project loads properly.
magneson

I wrote the post on my way from work so I haven't got those files here, but have made a less cluttery version which is attached that should run the same as the show.
Attachments
Somethinglikethis.qxw
(27.16 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
janosvitok

One solo frame with one row of buttons should do what you want.
Try splitting MIDI input to separate universe. It somehow doesn't work when two things are mixed together (MIDI input, DMX output).
magneson

Thanks, I got it working, also by using the circular scrolling of the pages.

Now though, I got a different problem. I'm toggling different solo frames, but even if the frame isn't enabled the content from it still plays which is quite frustrating. Is there something fundamental I haven't understood about the frames?