Q light - USB pro Mk2 - Showmaster 48

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Rutger

Hello everyone

I'm having problems with my dmx pro mk2 and Q light.
When ik plug in the entec dmx pro mk2, Q light finds it and i can select dmw- input,dmx-output,..
Now i want to add the profile of the showmaster 48 but Q light can't find my buttons?
Nothing happens when i press the buttons or move my faders

Does anyone know what might be the problem?
(sorry for bad english)

Kind regards
Rutger
janosvitok

Please attach your qxw file, and tell us your operating system and QLC+ version.
Rutger

my Q light version is 4.10.2b and my operating system is windows 8.1.
thanks in advance
Attachments
Ext control showmaster 48.qxw
(11.28 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
janosvitok

1. did you choose proper mode for enttec dmx usb pro? see "ENTTEC DMX USB Pro" supported modes in http://qlcplus.org/docs/dmxusbplugin.html
Did you use DMX1 for Input and DMX2 for output? Does your output work (i.e. do the lights react properly?)

2. please use separate universe for DMX input and output (leave Universe 1 for output as it is now, and use Universe 2 for input).

3. when input works correctly, you'll see joystick icon in the universe line on the left when you move faders on the showmaster. If you don't see it, something is wrong.

If your input does not work, revert step 2 (use universe 1 for both input and output) and check "passthrough" for the universe 1.
this will pass data directly from input to output. You can see the output either in DMX monitor (http://qlcplus.org/docs/fixturemonitor.html) or if you attach a light to the output.
If it doesn't work, you have problem in step 1.

Note: you may want to connect showmaster using MIDI, since that would send direct fader positions/button presses instead of DMX values (that are affected by blackout, master, etc.).
Rutger

1. I have DMX-input1 en output 2 on 1 Universe . so that would make me use mode 4. Wich is normaly the correct one.

2. When i want to put them in different Universes, it gives the error from the attachement.

3. I get no joystick icon. So my input doesn't works correctly.

4. When i use the passthrough function, stil nothing happens. not in the monitor as wel as my lights.

yes i would like to use midi but i cant with the showmaster 48. only 16 of the 48 controls are able to send through midi which is a pity.
janosvitok

1. There are two things: connectors on USB PRO, and QLC+ universes.
for physical connectors, use DMX1 for input and DMX2 for output.
for QLC+ universes, for Universe 1 check only output, for Universe 2 check only input (no feedback).

I'm not sure if there's a catch somewhere, I don't have the card, but that is how it works with other devices.

Does your output work without the showmaster connected? I.e. if you pull slider in simple desk tab, do the lights react?
Rutger

yeah they where connected in the correct way. But you can't pu input and output in a differend universe.
it always gives an error.
And yes, when i put the input and output in 1 universe, the output stil works. only the input doesn't doe anything.

And thanks for all your effort you put in to this :)
janosvitok

That looks like I can't help you more... Good luck!
Rutger

thanks, i'll need it ;)
plugz

Rutger wrote:yeah they where connected in the correct way. But you can't pu input and output in a differend universe.
it always gives an error.
Yes you can. And you should. When does it give you an error ? Which checkboxes did you click on, on which universe configuration ?