Issues running chasers with regular scenes

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
ralbrightii

Okay, I have been looking into QLC+ and have to say that I am really liking its easy to use interface. It appears to be simple enough that "anyone" could use a programmed virtual console, but complex enough that things can be manually tweaked during performances. I am using QLC+ with 44 lights (34 RGBW cans and 10 RGB cans) for a theater production area of a church. We put on only a few performances a year. I have just upgraded all of the lighting in the theater area from old style Halogen 500 Watt pars to LED DMX, and the lighting output is AMAZING. The control is great, but I am having trouble figuring out how to do some things

I have a few chase scenes that I am starting with (just getting all of the programming in there), we are doing a production of Fiddler on the Roof. One of the things that my technical director was wanting to do is sunrises and sunsets across the stage using the DMX LED cans. I have a chase of 24 scenes that comprise of a nice sunrise using 10 different color stops. Typically a sunrise chase would be done at a curtain opening (so curtain opens goes to a midnight blue color and then the chase is activated to a full RGBW white). I have the chase set to have a 2 second fade in, 0 second hold and no fade out, with the last step having an infinite fade out (effectively stopping the chase from completing). The question I have is how do I then go to other scenes after that chase has finished, it would appear that because the chase is still "active" with RGBW at 255 and intensity at 85 that nothing else is responding. How do I get the chase to execute and then stop and allow other scenes to take over?

I know this sounds complicated, but I am quite usually a quick study. Please help.
ralbrightii

Okay so I figured out how to make this work (amazing what a good night's sleep can do for the brain). In the Virtual Console, I put in 24 buttons that are utilized to show the progression of the Sunrise scene (they are small and across the top, not meant to be pushed but are functional indicators), then I added a Solo Frame, with a few buttons in it. Button 1 titled "Midnight Blue" which is what I start the chase at. Button 2 titled "Sunrise Chase" which activates the Sunrise chaser (I can then monitor its progress from the 24 buttons across the top of the virtual console), when the sunrise is complete, I hit button 3 titled "Full Stage Post Sunrise" which is another scene exactly like the last scene of the chase. This effectively terminates the chase sequence and leaves the lights at the last scene of the chase.

Really loving QLC+, it just takes a little while to get familiar with how to do everything that I want to do. (And make it efficient enough that a trained monkey can run it, I don't always want to have to sit in front of the lighting console.)